What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB UPnP server on router + Ipad 2

Dolby2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Linksys E4200 that has :
  • USB port for shared storage
  • Built-In UPnP AV media server

If I plug my external HDD with my movies/music into this USB port on the router - would I be able to access the media with the iPad 2 without a PC?

Thanks

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes

I do it with a Seagate GoFlex 1tb USB drive plugged right into the router

OP
D

Dolby2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,

Considering the iPad can't browse the files - I'm guessing you'll need an app on the iPad to read UPnP?
What app do you use?

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodplayer, AirAv are a couple of ones I use and I like them.

steckdev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help

Sorry to revive a dead thread. But I'm trying to acces the FTp from my Router but having no luck. I can access using my computer but not from my IPAD. What information did you put in for your AirAV -> say online ip is 123.456.789.123 share drive is /video and assuming that all the configuration is done correctly with name admin and password = password. THANKs!

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use it as a upnp. The server is on my laptop, I just make sure the server is through the firewall and AirAV can see it. That's how I do it for local network.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts