What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URLs in mail messages

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get several daily emails that are aggregates of news items, like The Slatest from Slate Magazine or the Bleacher sports report. The email message will contain 6 to 10 links to articles on the web. Each time I click on a link in the message Mail closes, Safari opens (yet another discussion about the inability to set a preferred browser) and I can read the article. Then I have to go back to mail to re-open it to re-open the message to click on the next link I want to read and the whole process starts over again. Is there a way around this? In other words, is there a way for Mail to stay open under Safari?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, technically, Mail is still open while you are viewing Safari. To get back to it, you can double tap the home button and then select the Mail icon when it appears in the bottom (under the Safari screen).

There is also a way to implement the gestures that were shown in the initial beta version of iOS 4.3.0. Have a search around the forum for instructions on how to activate them. Once activated, it's a simple 4 or 5-finger swipe to move between apps.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
M

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It works, to a certain degree, possibly because I only have the 16GB iPad. I can toggle between the open message and Safari, but Safari reloads everybtime I return to it. Nevertheless, Mail remains open at the current message, so I got what I wished for. It isn't true multitasking but it's close enough. Again, thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts