What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS Man Takes iPad Mini Just Delivered by FedEx

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're absolutely correct, that's the reason their employees are bonded. Among other things, it compensates the company for losses caused by employee theft.

The bonding is some sort of insurance?

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
The bonding is some sort of insurance?

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

Correct. The bonding company also does a criminal background check to determine if the employee is eligible to be bonded. A felony conviction would mean that you would be unacceptable to the bonding company and therefore would not be able to get a job that requires that you be bondable.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Correct. The bonding company also does a criminal background check to determine if the employee is eligible to be bonded. A felony conviction would mean that you would be unacceptable to the bonding company and therefore would not be able to get a job that requires that you be bondable.

Cool, thanks !!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS6 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So in retrospect the guy is now jobless with a record and has no iPad mini.

He should have had the word "stupid" tattooed on his forehead as part of his punishment dumb idiot.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So in retrospect the guy is now jobless with a record and has no iPad mini.

He should have had the word "stupid" tattooed on his forehead as part of his punishment dumb idiot.

Yup!! Lol

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
what an idiot,if i was his wife he would also be without a home this Christmas.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
what an idiot,if i was his wife he would also be without a home this Christmas.

He has a home this Christmas, paid for by the state.:D

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am surprised that people are surprised at this story.

I would not expect a parcel left on my doorstep to be safe. Couriers / postmen do not normally leave parcels if they don;t fit in the mailbox - they leave a card. Perhaps it is the small town versus city mentality.

Also how many people have a camera set up like that? How would you know if the missing parcel was stolen or that it was never delivered / lost in the post?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
miket5au said:
I am surprised that people are surprised at this story.

I would not expect a parcel left on my doorstep to be safe. Couriers / postmen do not normally leave parcels if they don;t fit in the mailbox - they leave a card. Perhaps it is the small town versus city mentality.

Also how many people have a camera set up like that? How would you know if the missing parcel was stolen or that it was never delivered / lost in the post?

Most times with UPS or FedEX they don't even bother knocking. I've been home when they walk onto the steps and just drop a package and leave - no knock or anything.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most times with UPS or FedEX they don't even bother knocking. I've been home when they walk onto the steps and just drop a package and leave - no knock or anything.

Yes, I have witnessed the same.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's been ny experience, too. Nothing stolen yet, including a huge box left outside with my husband's new PC. I was home all day and found it only on leaving the house. But I never sign releases allowing any carrier to just leave stuff, so I figure it's their risk, not mine.

With the second iPad 4 that I ordered, UPS left two slips for missed deliveries. I didn't sign anything, and they just left it on the doorstep on the third attempt.

Most reactions