What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS guy said something interesting...

AKNorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine an hour ago. There definitely must be some special handling going on for the iPads as UPS never delivers to my part of town on weekends. I asked the UPS delivery guy about it and he said that the company has a special agreement with Apple to deliver just the iPads. I asked him how many are they delivering (in Anchorage, AK)? He said he had heard it was around 500. Pretty interesting comments.

Last edited:

jizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be pretty bummed if I was supposed to get mine today and didnt....

might have to go ups postal...

onecrayon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My delivery guy said he had a truckfull of these and wasn't sure if there was anything else in the truck.

I printed the auth page from my order that said they could leave it if I wasn't home. I was home.

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went by the Apple Store to see if they had the separate wall charger (they didn't). They were sold out (of iPads) and a line was forming outside for the 3 o'clock cutoff so they could get the ones that weren't claimed yet (this was around noon-ish). Funny thing is... I went by Best Buy just a few blocks over and the guy said they received ONE HUNDRED and have only sold maybe half of them... there were only 15 or so people waiting in line this morning. So if you are in the Denver/Aurora area... and want to pick one up... call the Best Buy at Colorado & Mexico and they *might* still have some left!

Jimbobboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason for the three attempts is that Apple requires you to sign for this, its part of there big push. signature required.

akracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AkNorth,
I live in Anchorage also, off of Tudor. Still waiting! What part of town do you live in and did you see any info on the tracking link. All I get on my link is that it arrived in Anch. at 7:22 A.M.
thanks,
AkRacer

AKNorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AkNorth,
I live in Anchorage also, off of Tudor. Still waiting! What part of town do you live in and did you see any info on the tracking link. All I get on my link is that it arrived in Anch. at 7:22 A.M.
thanks,
AkRacer

I live in Eagle River. Only status update I received was that it was in two locations in China before there was a knock on my door! Good luck!

cinthia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5:47 in L.A. and no UPS

AkNorth,
thanks,
AkRacer

UPS Status still says Exception
4:59 there was a location update to "Internal Activity".
UPS rep won't tell me what that means.
Woe is me

:confused:

Last edited:

G.a.r.y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My driver commented one delivery failed like that would cost him extra work

I remember thinking his comment was odd. Never in thirty years has a driver talked about missed drops.

Last edited:

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I talked to the FedEx guy who delivered my Docks AT a little after 8:00pm.
He said he has never been this swamped, I asked Apple?, he said mostly Easter, flowers, Harry and David. Oh well, these drivers did OK in the overtime department!

Most reactions

Latest posts