What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On vacation and got my parents iPad-ed!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On vacation visiting the folks and this morning my mom says that she wants an iPad. She hasn't played with it the whole week we've been here (my dad did a little), so I made her use it to see if she liked it. An hour later, we are in the Apple store buying her a 16G Wifi and an Apple case! On the way home, we stopped off to get an InvisibleShield front b/c I said if she wants a screen protector, she has to decide today so I can install it for them. We leave tomorrow, which means their tech support (me) leaves tomorrow too.

So the new iPad has the InvisibleShield installed, iTunes update is installing, and we're going to start getting the iPad set up soon.

It will be interesting to hear who uses it more...my mom or dad. My dad is the "tech-ier" one, but my mom is the one who wanted the iPad. And I can't believe they had plenty of iPads and cases in stock!

rsmart22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice! It seems like even the people that don't like the iPad at first once they get there hands on it their opinion changes very quickly. I let my Mother hold mine and she immediately said "How do I get one?"

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We (kids) are getting one for our parents. Dad had a stroke 2 yrs ago and lost a lot of his right hand movement... but we feel he can ebay *sigh* by touching the screen and moving it.

Mom wants one to keep up with email while she goes to our lake home

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These things are viral once people get to play with them.

Off to infect my mother in law mwuahahaha :)

Most reactions