What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS Confirms Saturday Delivery

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A UPS Import/Export representative has confirmed that their agreement with Apple guarantees iPad delivery by end-of-day Saturday. She had my tracking information in front of her, and the fact that my address is way out in the sticks will "make no difference".

Keep the faith :) - IM

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed for you. My tracking info still shows it is in China, so I may be out of luck.

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Don't worry Ghuda. They air freight these things over. Give them 20 hours and they'll be stateside.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't worry Ghuda. They air freight these things over. Give them 20 hours and they'll be stateside.
I am spending way too much time on this .......

I just talked to Apple again and she was nice enough to listen to my rant, (not insignificant) and then called the UPS international shipping guru's and confirmed my delivery on Saturday.....

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed for you. My tracking info still shows it is in China, so I may be out of luck.

Mine too, but don't worry--I ordered an extra cable for my iPod when I ordered the iPad, it left China on March 19 and was in Pittsburgh, PA on March 20. I have faith that we will all get our iPads on Saturday. ;)

MacDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talked my regular UPS driver today (Wednesday) and she did not know about the Saturday delivery date. I wonder if UPS is sub-contacting out some of the delivery locations?

Checked my package and it's in LOUISVILLE, KY, US :)

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a better response than *I* got from them. Hopefully that holds true for all of us! *** fingers still crossed ***

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a better response than *I* got from them. Hopefully that holds true for all of us! *** fingers still crossed ***
It may have been due to my childish rant. She was a pro and very polite, but I imagine in the background she was saying "will someone please get this moron off my phone?" :D

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am no longer concerned although last update still China.If you look at "in transit" it says package moving and should arrive on scheduled date and also it says that there can be several days when status does not change but package is still moving, also my charge card charged.:comingsoon:

Last edited:

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tracking

My UPS tracking still shows China. I called UPS as was told by local retail UPS store that UPS did not deliver to Green Valley, AZ on Saturday. National UPS agent said NO that is incorrect. He was aware that Apple was shipping several hundreds of thousands of iPads and that I would receive most likely Saturday morning.

My CC just showed charge for iPad, so I guess everything is a GO.

Last edited:

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Just confirmed on the phone with UPS that they are delivering on Saturday here in Miami...when I pressed for a specific time they said that it will ship before the end of the day...there goes my Saturday...

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine - finally!!! My driver said that she had to deliver all her regular Saturday stuff first and now has to go back in those same areas to deliver the iPad. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm just happy to have mine. Haven't even opened the box yet!!!

Susan

dkomeshak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS not completely honest.

THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE

I've been sitting in my living room waiting for UPS to make the delivery. I was also tracking my delivery on my laptop when the message above appeared. HUH? I'm sitting here with a clear view of my front door which has a full-view glass insert. No UPS trucks here!

Plus, we have two Wirehaired Fox Terriers - they don't miss a thing when it comes to anyone even approaching our property.

I called UPS and gave them the tracking number and status - they just read the message back to me.

I told the person that there was no delivery attempt at MY residence. She said they would make a second attempt but it would be Monday.

I asked her to contact the driver - I would meet him/her somewhere. She said they are not able to do that on Saturdays.

It quickly became apparent that I'd have a more productive conversation talking to my dogs.

I almost expected this since UPS has never failed to disappoint.

BTW: The case came this morning via FedEx 9 days before it was scheduled to.

Most reactions

Latest posts