What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS confirms mine WILL NOT be delivered by Sat even though UPS does Sat delivery here

OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Port in Kentucky?
When you think of port you are probably thinking places on land where ships come in. But port actually means "point of entry" so yea on coast lines many points of entry into the country are shipyards/ports. But what about air(ports). IF they were being shipped directly from China to KY (which I do find hard to believe but may be possible) then at that port (more than likely an air[port]) it would still need to go through customs.

However mine shows arrival in Alaska and I think it would have to clear customs at the point of entering the country so as long as it goes straight from Alaska to somewhere here in the contiguous US then it shouldn't have to clear customs again. It might still have to go to KY though for holding since that is their main hub (I guess... that is what others have stated).

The operator said I wouldn't be getting mine on Saturday because it was NOT going to (or through) the port in KY. But since mine is currently in AK... maybe it is going straight from there to a HUB somewhere close to here. I still don't know why skipping KY means it will take it longer to get here but maybe I just didn't fully understand her or she just didn't know what she was talking about. I've still got hope for Saturday though! *** fingers crossed ***

Last edited:
OP
brobar

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it went from Anchorage AK to Commerce City, CO (which is only about 10 miles North of Denver here). If there is Saturday delivery here (which the operator said there was)... there should be NO reason why I don't get it by Saturday!

*** EDIT ***
Scratch that! It said "Arrival Scan" associated with Commerce City, CO but I just went back and checked it and they changed the Arrival Scan to UPS Internal Activity at Commerce City, CO... so I'm not sure why that changed but maybe it wasn't here after all.

the waiting continues!

Last edited:

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same thing here.

PHOENIX, AZ, US 03/31/2010 9:00 A.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY

Which is interesting since that's almost eleven hours from now. I also noticed my information has a new field called Reference Number(s): with six different 10 to 11 digit reference numbers in it.

Oh and for those interested, it lists the package at 1.4 Kgs. I think either this thread or another had someone commenting on Apple trying to hide the ship weight.

EDIT: Oddly enough the Exception information I saw earlier today in Kentucky had disappeared for a bit, about the same time I found the reference numbers. Now the Reference Numbers are gone again and the Kentucky Exception info is back, but combined on one line instead of seperate events as show the first time.

UPS Web tracking certainly is an odd duck.

Last edited:

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be useful for those waiting on the iPad in Miami, Fl - I called UPS and spoke to a rep who stated that the iPad will be delivered on Saturday in Miami - I pressed for a time, but was told that it will be delivered before the day is over. I hope to get it soon....

Most reactions

Latest posts