What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading a zip file to ipad 2

Pettythief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if you can help me. I need to listen to a mastered album on my jail broken iPad 2 64 gb wifi. It's a very large zip file. I downloaded the file (took about 10 mins) but would not let me upload to dropbox because the file is over 180 mb. I tried the jb app Fulldrop but it crashes when I get to the upload screen. Anything else I can try? Thanks for your time.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoodReader can transfer it directly to your iPad using WiFi from your PC and can then unzip it. Because it's a direct WiFi transfer, it's fast - 54 Mbps or better - and there's no restriction on the size of file.

Tim

OP
P

Pettythief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Errrr. No PC I'm afraid. Am I stuck? I only got an iPad. I'm a purist! A purist that might have to go to the Internet shop.....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm slightly confused - you say in your original post that you already downloaded it - so is it now on your iPad? What do you want to do with it if it's on your iPad already? If it's not on your iPad - and I misinterpreted the original post :( - where is it?

Tim

OP
P

Pettythief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I click on the zip file link in my email On my iPad. Then it takes like 10 mins to load then asks if I want to open it in dropbox. dropbox won't allow because it's over 180 mb.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - GoodReader can still help. In the email touch and hold the URL/link and you'll get a pop up box. Choose 'Copy'. If you have GoodReader then you can paste that URL into GoodReader's web browser, whose sole purpose in life is to download files that Safari can't/won't handle.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts