What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Upload Failed" Facebook

bushiee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,
My daughter has an ipad 2 running on version 5.1.1,
When she tries to upload a video to her Facebook profile that she has made with the ipad video camera or the "videostar" app the upload bar reaches the end and then says "upload failed" :(. Photos upload without a problem. The Facebook app is up to date.
She has tried doing it through Safari but when she clicks on upload video the "search" button is greyed out and no video can be selected.

Her friend also has an ipad and has the same problem.
I have spent many hours searching for a resolution to this problem and tried things from privacy settings to uninstalling the Facebook app loging out and back in, doing a hard reset of the ipad but as yet I have not found the solution.

cheers all

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
When she tries to upload a video to her Facebook profile that she has made with the ipad video camera or the "videostar" app the upload bar reaches the end and then says "upload failed" :(. Photos upload without a problem. The Facebook app is up to date.
She has tried doing it through Safari but when she clicks on upload video the "search" button is greyed out and no video can be selected.

I have spent many hours searching for a resolution to this problem and tried things from privacy settings to uninstalling the Facebook app loging out and back in, doing a hard reset of the ipad but as yet I have not found the solution.

cheers all

To get it working without major problems through Safari, you would need the latest version.

Two more things that you could take a look at in addition to what you've already done:
Make sure the video format is supported.
Check the internet connection. If it's working, make sure the connection speed is good by opening another website and taking note of the speed with which it loads.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

cheers all

Have you tried uploading the video while in the app? I've done it several times and had no problems.

OP
B

bushiee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried with ipad app (updated) and safari (updated) no luck :(
Internet speed is fine. And as for the video format, The video was taken on the ipad and is being uploaded via the facebook ipad app so wouldnt the be all taken care of ?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should work. The videos I uploaded to Facebook were taken with an iPad 2 and uploaded using the Facebook app. Did you try deleting the Facebook app and re-install it?

OP
B

bushiee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should work. The videos I uploaded to Facebook were taken with an iPad 2 and uploaded using the Facebook app. Did you try deleting the Facebook app and re-install it?

yep tried deleting facebook app reinstalled but still the same. it looks like its uploaded like i said earlier the status bar reaches the end but then it just says upload failed :(

stephen_ohs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i solved this problem the following way. photo to albums to VIDEO, select video, left hand bottom corner has upload box, click and pick facebook. wait it takes time. it should tell it was uploaded.

Most reactions

Latest posts