What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading To Ipad Air

fafrost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone aware of any sites that have reviewed and compared the speed difference between the iPad air and the iPad for? I'm not sure little bit of lighter weight is good enough reason to upgrade on its own.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is anyone aware of any sites that have reviewed and compared the speed difference between the iPad air and the iPad for? I'm not sure little bit of lighter weight is good enough reason to upgrade on its own.

I'm pretty sure those articles haven't been written yet, given that the Air is not to be released until November 1.

So, the only thing I can suggest is to wait until more people have the iPad Air in their hands - then see the articles that come out.

On paper (or, according to the stats shown in the Apple presentation), it should be pretty fast. But, it may very we'll be all relative.

Only thing I can suggest is to hang in there and wait for the reviews.

Marilyn

Ian B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be going from non retina Ipad2 to Ipad Air. I think for me this is a significant improvement worth the upgrade.

Ian B

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you tell everyone hear what the sound quality is like Thanks
Hi there! The sound quality is very much similar to the iPad 4 which is what I had previously. It's just really fast and I love how light this is!

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've still got the iPad 1. I bought it when they first came out. Since I mostly use my iPad for mobile browsing, I've never really seen a need to upgrade -- until now. I think I'll be pulling the trigger on the Air because I really like the features, especially the thin form factor and light weight.

I'll be getting the cellular model. I find tethering is a pain -- Having to remember to turn the phone's tethering function on and off as I move to and from my home's WiFi network is clumsy. I'm in and out a lot during the day.

My provider (Roger's in Canada) lets me combine devices and draw directly from my phone's data plan for an extra $11 bucks a month, so I don't have to pay through the nose for another plan.

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's weird... It very much feels like the iPad mini but with a larger screen.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's weird... It very much feels like the iPad mini but with a larger screen.[/QUOTE I am seriously contemplating upgrading from my iPad 4 but I'm having a hard time justifying spending the money. So my question to you is- IS IT WORTH IT?? :)

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry- should I hold off for the mini or just go for the air? I'm stressing about this!!

OP
I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on your needs. I think the iPad mini is a tad to small for me in terms of reading work,plus I use my iPad to read and respond to work related emails/documents. However if you use it predominantly for reading books as my daughter does then it's perfect for her needs. The iPad air is as light the mini now. I love the dimensions of the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts