What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to iOS 5.1.1

Sekuiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For starters, I have an iPad 1, 3G, 16GB.

So, after a long time on my good ol' 4.3.3, I finally decided it was time for an upgrade.
And, for some unknown reason, I decided that upgrading using iTunes, to the most recent iOS, was the smartest thing to do.

Well, it wasn't.

So basically, here's my problem, I cannot update, because I keep getting an error 1600 everytime I try to restore.
Currently, my iPad is hanging in the Recovery Mode, since it seems to go directly to there now, meaning, I guess everything I had there is already gone.

Restoring back to 4.3.3 using SHSH worked just fine, but I really wanted to upgrade.

I hope you can help me with my problem. If more info is needed I'm willing to share whatever is needed.

OP
S

Sekuiya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked just fine, thanks for all the help!
Not really sure if it was the host files, or was some process that was running in the background (I terminated all that seemed non-important), but that doesn't matter now.

What matter is that it worked. Thanks a lot for all the helpful replies! ^_^

Most reactions

Latest posts