What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 5.1.1

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I finally upgraded my iPad 1 to the newest OS, and glad the keyboard can split but unhappy I can't close an app or switch by swiping 4 fingers, is this just being on an iPad 1 issue??

Also for a secondary topic, any cool new features from 5.0+ that I should know about? (this was the first time I upgraded so it went to 5.1.1 from whatever OS the original iPad came out with lol.)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wingless said:
So I finally upgraded my iPad 1 to the newest OS, and glad the keyboard can split but unhappy I can't close an app or switch by swiping 4 fingers, is this just being on an iPad 1 issue??

Also for a secondary topic, any cool new features from 5.0+ that I should know about? (this was the first time I upgraded so it went to 5.1.1 from whatever OS the original iPad came out with lol.)

You can enable multitasking gestures for the iPad 1 by going to Settings> General and making sure that multitasking gestures are turned on.

image-4106702879.jpg

OP
W

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I love them! I knew about the swiping left and right and closing the app but I didn't know swiping up reveals the open apps while you're already in apps that's cool lol

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wingless said:
Oh I love them! I knew about the swiping left and right and closing the app but I didn't know swiping up reveals the open apps while you're already in apps that's cool lol

The 4-finger up swipe is my favorite one. Being a fellow ipad 1 owner, I use this to close my opened apps alot.

Most reactions

Latest posts