What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade to 4.2 is it worth it?

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this time would it be worth it to upgrade to 4.2? What would I lose or gain functions with this upgrade?

Last edited:

bigmanofds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded on the first day it was available. I really forgot how my iPad was before the 4.2 update. If you are not a jailbreaker, upgrading to 4.2 will turn your iPad into a new machine.

Hawon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jail broke made sense for iPhone to unlock the device, I simply don't see a reason to jailbreak on iPad.
Back to the original topic, UPGRADE right now! It is great.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you want your device to be up to date and able to run everything properly?

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life has taken a hit with 4.2.1, but it is a worthwhile upgrade regardless. I couldn't imagine running it without jailbreaking it though. Would be too annoying.

So I would recommend if you plan on jailbreaking, go ahead and update. If you aren't going to jailbreak, I would probably not bother with it unless you are fully aware of the annoyances that it introduces like rendering the hardware switch useless and reducing battery life slightly.

Most reactions