What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating to iOS 9, Now

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari seems unstable in iOS9. Drops out on newspaper pages, for example. Tried clearing all settings, but not much better. (iPad Air 2; 64gb +cel.)
Every so often Safari will reload the page or crash to the home screen. A few times Safari has even crashed to the Apple logo and forced a restart. This has been happening since before the iOS 9 beta was released in June.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aaagggg!

You mentioned 1Password in slideover, so I went looking for the update (because it wasn't there), and I found 36 apps waiting for updates.

I guess I plug the toy in and let it update apps overnight. It's late anyway. :)

The massive app update after iOS update is known as an appalanch in some corners of the web.
I like that.. 'appalanch'.. I just noticed 14 app updates this morning. Good thing I read your post!

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every so often Safari will reload the page or crash to the home screen. A few times Safari has even crashed to the Apple logo and forced a restart. This has been happening since before the iOS 9 beta was released in June.

Thanks Scifan. Accurate description; at least it is not just me!

Also, selecting a point for text insertion seems far harder.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated last night and it went perfectly on my Air. I feel like the whole device has been freshened up! The lowercase keyboard thing was weird at first but otherwise this update is ROCKIN! :)

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated to iOS 9 but to be honest can't see much different. How do you use the new features I.e. Swiping between apps? I can't find anything to tell me how to use the new features. Then again I am knackered today so that could be the reason

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan. Accurate description; at least it is not just me!

Also, selecting a point for text insertion seems far harder.
Have you tried the new way to move the cursor? Press and hold with two fingers on the keyboard, you can then move the fingers around, using the screen like a virtual trackpad. I find this much easier when doing copy and paste.

Last edited:

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow: that had passed me by. Excellent. Much easier. Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wooohoo...just updated a few hours ago and testing all the new delights. I'll say it sure is a nice feel how it runs. Still getting used to this new font, a little skinny to read, but I am getting used to it quickly! Loving it right now!! :) I especially love how the keyboard tuns into a mouse pad to move your cursor! :)

Dana514

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Air is updating now. Download already complete.

I was going to use the iTunes update method, but got tired of iTunes insisting that iOS 8.4.1 was the latest version; so I broke down and started the OTA update. Took three tries before I got through to the server.

Pre-checklist completed:

• iPad backed up on the computer and in iCloud.
  • Did a reset just before starting the backup.
  • Fingers crossed.

5932bdd664ad664da1da3d4dff39b11f.jpg
I updated my daughters Mini, when it says to >slide to update, it would not slide. Any ideas?

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated my daughters Mini, when it says to >slide to update, it would not slide. Any ideas?

Do you mean after the update has downloaded and installed? The gray screen that says Hello (in several languages)?

If so, try a reset. Hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. If that does not work you may have to try installing the update again. If you used the OTA (Over the Air) update method, you may want to try updating using iTunes on a computer.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that you can now have 16 apps per page in each folder on the iPad after updating to iOS 9?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that you can now have 16 apps per page in each folder on the iPad after updating to iOS 9?
Yes I like it too, although I was confused initially as certain apps weren't where I expected them to be inside folders.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My settings app still says 8.4.1 is the latest IOS version available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts