What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS update gone wrong

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
I have a very bad Internet connection and it keeps dropping out when I try to download the latest iOS update with itunes for my iPad, the download starts again from the start each time it drops out even though half of it was completed. I have been given a place to download it from using a download manager:-
http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#iPhone_4

I have downloaded the latest update and installed it by putting the file in the correct folder. I seem to be having problems now with some things on the iPad; crashes etc. If I do a factory system restore on iTunes will I be able to put all the apps back where they are now with the backup that iTunes does each time it connects, or are there some other instructions that I should follow
Gerry N
PS, will I loose all the app data i.e. Documents, spread sheets etc etc?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A restore and re-sync will reload your files you saved on iTunes. I’m not sure if they’ll go back to the same spot you arranged them but that seems to be a minor inconvenience based on your situation. If I recall correctly, I had to re-nest them on my old iPhone w/3.x OS.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts