What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating to ios 5

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I hooked my computer up to my iPad, and went through all the steps to upgrade to iOS 5, however, when I disconnected, the iPad still has 4.3. I tried turning it off and back on. What did I miss? How many steps are there and how many times does the thing have to sync up before it's finished. I've already spent almost an hour on this.

Thanks,
Karen

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Karen, when hooked up to your computer and you have selected the option to upgrade it should be a simple operation of just watching the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window......could it be that you just selected the download new software option rather than download and install?

Anyway, this thread may assist you further http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-5-0-1-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

The Archangel

OP
J

jaecee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel, I'll use the link you sent and see what I did wrong. I thought it installed also, but something didn't work. I guess I can just try it again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It won't hurt to try again, I guess that at the very least the latest iOS is now on your computer so you won't have to download again.

The Archangel

Most reactions