What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help

jameslacy8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find an answer for this anywhere. I am trying to update ios on my wife's ipad 2. When I plug in to itunes through the PC I go through the steps and it wants to backup. However, it tells me there is not enough room on the drive to do so and cannot do it. I cannot make enough space to complete it on that drive. But I have a second drive on the computer which has plenty of space. How can I make it back up to that D drive instead of the C drive?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jameslacy8 said:
I cannot find an answer for this anywhere. I am trying to update ios on my wife's ipad 2. When I plug in to itunes through the PC I go through the steps and it wants to backup. However, it tells me there is not enough room on the drive to do so and cannot do it. I cannot make enough space to complete it on that drive. But I have a second drive on the computer which has plenty of space. How can I make it back up to that D drive instead of the C drive?

Which version of iOS is your Wife's iPad currently on? The reason I ask is that if it is currently on iOS 5 or higher, it can be updated over the air, without connecting to the computer. Go to Settings>General>Software Update and follow the onscreen directions.

image-2995375218.jpg

Welcome to the iPad forums and don't hesitate to come back if you still have problems with this or any other issue.

Last edited:

Most reactions