What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating to 5.1.1 for the 3rd time on iPad1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidPublic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to update my old iPad 1. I had it in storage and it hasn't been updated since 3.something. I've tried updating it on two different computers and each time the download will go through, but it won't install on the Pad. Each time I've cancelled the automatic notification letting me know of the new update, so that I can transfer songs etc from iPad to pc. Then I have gone back to the summery page for iPad and hit update. Each time it never follows through with the whole process.

This time I went ahead and clicked the auto notification and clicked >update and install. I still have a couple of hours left for DL'ing the update to iTunes...but is there something that anybody knows of that I need to do BEFORE I try and update/install that is preventing me from this process?

I'm not massively techy, but should be able to do whatever needs to be done, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

OP
P

ParanoidPublic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say, I was quite disappointed in this forum. For being the "ultimate iPad site" I was expecting some actual help :) .

Oh well, I happened to already have resolved my issue from another forum, so disregard my above plea for help lol.

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you trying to update via the iPad or with iTunes?

Edit: Missed the last piece of your message so disregard this reply

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say, I was quite disappointed in this forum. For being the "ultimate iPad site" I was expecting some actual help :) .

Oh well, I happened to already have resolved my issue from another forum, so disregard my above plea for help lol.

We are sorry that you feel that way and expected immediate post responses to your thread in less than 24 hours. Please remember that this forum is an international forum with time differences. This makes viewing of posts different for everybody. Rest assured that members help immediately when they can once they come online.

Glad you have it sorted. Your last version was very old and did take quite a bit of time updating from 4.3.5 to 5.0 last year. The current update is now 6.0 for the iPad 2 and iPad 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions