What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update. What the ........

flykay601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an ipad1 with 4.3.3 I want to update to 5.1.1. I've heard a few different ways to do it, can't find the update bar in the settings and general menu, I've tried I tunes. But there are no updates of any kind for iOS . Help. I'm a rookie so please go step by step. I think this thing has been jail broke so if I need to wipe it and strt over no problem

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to use the steps as outlined in this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

This is the easiest way and the tutorial has been well-written in an easy to follow step-by-step process (by my fellow moderator and hacker extraordinaire, f4780y).

The method of upgrading by using an update in the Settings is for those that are already on iOS 5. As you are on iOS 4, you will have to use this method with iTunes.

Hope this helps and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions