What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating apps

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the quickest easiest way to update applications? If I choose only ones I am using, sync stops to ask me if I am over 13 for each app. it applies to. Then, the apps that I no longer use keep showing up in the que to be updated.

If I sync all now, often many apps take over 20 minutes to update. Why? Is the app being totally removed and replaced? Even if so, downloading the original app. took seconds. Need faster, better way. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I can help - but please feel free to ignore me if what I say is not relevant.

In your post you talk about updating your apps and sync'ing. I (very) rarely use iTunes on my PC, so my apps update via the iPad's 'App Store' app. When I open up the iPad's 'App Store' app, at the bottom right hand side of the screen is an 'Update' button. After a few seconds, if any apps need updating, it shows a tiny 'bubble' attached to the button indicating how many apps (if any) need updating.

If I touch that button, it takes me through to the update page of the App Store and I can choose to either update the apps individually or select the 'Update All' option.

If I ask to update an app it takes about as long to update and did the original install. If you have a very large number of apps that need updating, this can for sure be a time consuming operation, but you can selectively choose which ones you want to do.

During this process I've never been asked for my age - maybe the iPad is very clever and has detected that it's a very long time since I needed to show any ID!

Good Luck and don't hesitate to get back to us if the problem persists.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts