What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates frozen

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I clicked update all when i had some update messages in app store not realising that i had removed one of the apps. It is now trying to install the update but has frozen as the app isnt there. There are another 10 waiting to update too that i can do nothing with. Any idea how i can stop the update onCe it says inStalling? Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I clicked update all when i had some update messages in app store not realising that i had removed one of the apps. It is now trying to install the update but has frozen as the app isnt there. There are another 10 waiting to update too that i can do nothing with. Any idea how i can stop the update onCe it says inStalling? Any help appreciated.

Did you restart or reboot your device? Clear the multitask bar?

You could also try to sign out in App Store - Featured, then sign in again with your Apple ID.
Or set your iPad to Airplane Mode in Settings, wait for a few minutes and turn off Airplane Mode again.

If everything suggested fails try to update the apps through iTunes on your computer and sync to your iPad afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you restart or reboot your device? Clear the multitask bar?

You could also try to sign out in App Store - Featured, then sign in again with your Apple ID.
Or set your iPad to Airplane Mode in Settings, wait for a few minutes and turn off Airplane Mode again.

If everything suggested fails try to update the apps through iTunes on your computer and sync to your iPad afterwards.

Thanks. Tried all of those other than the pc option. I'll try that now.

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, tried all of those other than the pc option. I'll try that now.

OP
S

sandoz64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logged out of app store and rebooted. I was then able to start each upgrade individually. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts