What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update ios question

koala1946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my Ipad 2 to ios 5 then to ios 6. My wife is still on ios 4.?? I would like to upgrade her pad to 6 but not having any luck doing so.Do I have to go to 5 first then 6 or can I go right to six? What version of Itunes do I need? Would appreciate any help. Also the best way to do it. Thanks much:(

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't upgrade incrementally, you have to go to the latest version of iOS. Update your version of iTunes to the latest available for your PC/Mac (11 I think) then connect the iPad again and give it another go.

The Archangel

BClr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded mine from iOS4 to 6, so that works fine. Installed the latest iTunes (as Gabriel1 already pointed out) before I did so.
Took quite a bit of time to upgrade, but worked fine.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BClr said:
I just upgraded mine from iOS4 to 6, so that works fine. Installed the latest iTunes (as Gabriel1 already pointed out) before I did so.
Took quite a bit of time to upgrade, but worked fine.

Going from iOS 4-6 is quite an update, I'm glad it worked out all right.

Most reactions