What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwanted Album in iPhoto

PaulineC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a complete newby, I have an iPad Air, recently it has created a 'recently deleted' album in iPhoto. I don't want the album. I want deleted photos to be gone.
Partially because the are atrocious photos and partially because of the space they take up! Can anyone tell me how to do this.
I've tried the obvious and the usual ways.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a new feature in iOS 8.x. I guess Apple wants to make sure people can get their photos back if they delete them by accident.

The photos will stay in the deleted folder for 30 days or you can manually (and permanently) delete them.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change this behavior or remove this feature on a stock iPad.

Marilyn

OP
P

PaulineC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a new feature in iOS 8.x. I guess Apple wants to make sure people can get their photos back if they delete them by accident.

The photos will stay in the deleted folder for 30 days or you can manually (and permanently) delete them.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change this behavior or remove this feature on a stock iPad.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn I shall give that a try.

GreatBanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Click select all, then delete all. Hope that can solve your problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Click select all, then delete all. Hope that can solve your problems.

Close, but not quite right. In the Recently Deleted folder tap Select. Before you select anything tap Delete All at the top left. If you start selecting pictures (by tapping on them) the Delete All option goes away.

There is no Select All option.

GreatBanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Close, but not quite right. In the Recently Deleted folder tap Select. Before you select anything tap Delete All at the top left. If you start selecting pictures (by tapping on them) the Delete All option goes away.

There is no Select All option.
Ah, ok. Sorry about that.

Most reactions

Latest posts