What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untethered Jailbreak for IOS 4.3.1

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LEG1ON said:
Thanks very much..............:)

No problem.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
No problem.

Just inboxed you with a question about the new 4.3.1 jailbreak

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While said:
Just inboxed you with a question about the new 4.3.1 jailbreak

I got it and replied back to the second one also. ;-)

Bodean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im running TETHERED 4.2.1 on my ipad 1. Trying to install 4.3.1 over itunes, then install the untethered JB.
It wont install the 4.3.1 over itunes, get an error. Do I need to do anything special if im running tethered 4.2.1?

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, just back up your iPad in iTunes and then update to 4.3.1 normally in iTunes.if you're getting an error it's because of your hosts file .you need to point your computer to the apple server.
Tell me the error you're getting in iTunes.

Bodean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, just back up your ipad in itunes and then update to 4.3.1 normally in itunes.if you're getting an error it's because of your hosts file .you need to point your computer to the apple server.
Tell me the error you're getting in itunes.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bodean said:

Cd to windows/system32/drivers/etc and open the hosts file with a txt editor and be sure to comment "#" all the lines in there .If this will fail then try reinstalling your itunes or use a different pc .
Be sure to firstly update to 4.3.1 via iTunes and when you're done then you can proceed with the new jailbreak.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bodean said:
Thanks, added the new host entry to the file.
The problem now is, my ipad is stuck at the apple symbol. I need to get it rebooted into TETHER mode (4.2.1 that I have on it) but the directions say to power it off, and I can't get it to power off at all to get it into tether mode, get back into itunes, and try updating to 4.3.1 again.
Any ideas?

You mean DFU mode ? Try getting it into recovery mode by holding home and power at the sometime for about 20 seconds or at least until you hear the beep in your itunes .By doing this itunes should tell you that it recognizes a device in recovery mode and will offer you the possibility to restore it.
You can also enter it in recovery mode using The latest version of tiny umbrella .

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's not forget the real reason tiny umbrella was created ... Saving your shsh , which can be a life saver

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do all the apps from cydia work in tip top shape? Any buggy stuff?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There apps you don't want to install but cydia will let you know if they are compatable or not. But only look for apps that are closest/exactly same as your current firmware. Many apps say compatible with 4.x so these should be fine.

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ow so this is great because all the apps I need are 4.0+ compatible...I just fought they needed to update them before we can use on 4.3.1

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that iBluever is working properly with 4.3.1 jbreak, This is my major concern upgrading to 4.3.1. Thanks much in advance!

Sati

Most reactions