What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unnable to send emails from outlook account

In_Culto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all
I just registered to this forum and I have a question.
Hopefully someone has an idea of waht´s wrong.
I have an iPad (3rd generation) with four (4) email accounts - two from Gmail (personal) and two from Outlook (work).
All are configured as POP3 accounts.
I receive emails with no problems on all of them but for some reason I can only send emails from the Gmail accounts.
I thought it could be that since the email account (one of them) is set as 'default' this was the problem but I changed it to one of the Outlook accounts and still it doesn't send the emails.
It allways returns a message of (I don't have the iPad with me now but it's something like this): 'The server doesn't recognize the sender' - and this happens with all the addresses I tried... not just one or the other that might have been blocked for some reason.

Any clues?

Best regards
Luis Miguel Sousa

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all
I just registered to this forum and I have a question.
Hopefully someone has an idea of waht´s wrong.
I have an iPad (3rd generation) with four (4) email accounts - two from Gmail (personal) and two from Outlook (work).
All are configured as POP3 accounts.
I receive emails with no problems on all of them but for some reason I can only send emails from the Gmail accounts.
I thought it could be that since the email account (one of them) is set as 'default' this was the problem but I changed it to one of the Outlook accounts and still it doesn't send the emails.
It allways returns a message of (I don't have the iPad with me now but it's something like this): 'The server doesn't recognize the sender' - and this happens with all the addresses I tried... not just one or the other that might have been blocked for some reason.

Any clues?

Best regards
Luis Miguel Sousa

Hi, Luis! Welcome to iPF!
Perhaps it works if you setup your Outlook accounts in another way than POP3. Mine is setup as Microsoft Hotmail. All I needed to know is my email address and pw.

image-1524381194.jpg

image-3412212065.jpg

Last edited:
OP
I

In_Culto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there
Thank you for your help.:)
To make it short, it's now working!
(OK, you can stop reading now because from here on it's the tedious part of explaining what I did :p )

I tried setting up the accounts as Hotmail as you suggested but it didn't work.
I went through the settings of all accounts trying to understand what was different between them but got nowhere.
What do you do when a PC is freezing or otherwise having problems? You restart it and +80% of problems are solved.
Well, restarting iPad was no solution so I deleted the accounts and configured them again with all the possible details and configurations.
Glad to say that it's now working.
Yeayiiiiii... :thumbs:

Thank you for your kind (and fast!) reply.
Have a great weekend
Luís Miguel

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there
Thank you for your help.:)
To make it short, it's now working!
(OK, you can stop reading now because from here on it's the tedious part of explaining what I did :p )

I tried setting up the accounts as Hotmail as you suggested but it didn't work.
I went through the settings of all accounts trying to understand what was different between them but got nowhere.
What do you do when a PC is freezing or otherwise having problems? You restart it and +80% of problems are solved.
Well, restarting iPad was no solution so I deleted the accounts and configured them again with all the possible details and configurations.
Glad to say that it's now working.
Yeayiiiiii... :thumbs:

Thank you for your kind (and fast!) reply.
Have a great weekend
Luís Miguel

Glad to see you solved your problem! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts