What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlimited 3G gone.

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until today, I've been subscribed to the unlimited 3G service, but noticed this morning that I had 'no data remaining on plan'.
After signing in to check my plan, the unlimited I have been using is no longer available.
I'll have to check my data usage and see if the 250Mb plan is viable, though it pretty much kills streaming movies.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should call. As I understand it, if you had the unlimited, they have to keep giving you unlimited.

Curses to AT&T, but in Switzerland, our carriers are almost as bad.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Definitely Call AT&T

There have been some reports in the iPad Carrier section of this forum where a member had a similar experience and AT&T restored unlimited plan.

BTW, are you really able to stream movies via 3G seamlessly? I thought that would be excruciatingly slow.

Good luck with AT&T.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been some reports in the iPad Carrier section of this forum where a member had a similar experience and AT&T restored unlimited plan.

BTW, are you really able to stream movies via 3G seamlessly? I thought that would be excruciatingly slow.

Good luck with AT&T.

3G works fine for NetFlix etc.

Sometimes I start them streaming and then go to bed just to see how much data I can use up during a month. No problems in going way over the 5GB limit others have. AT&T is true to its word. The data is unlimited on my iPad.

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would give them a call GrendelPrime. My unlimited plan just renewed yesterday on the auto renewal plan that I first subscribed to when I got my iPad.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T can't wait until all of the iPad 1Gs are out of service so that they can screw everyone on their mobile data offerings.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That's weird. I've gone through jailbreaking and several firmware changes (one of them illicit), and they haven't done anything to my unlimited 3G data.

You guys must have much, much better 3G than I have if you're talking about streaming Netflix on 3G. The only time I'll get better than 1 gbps in my little home town is like 4:00 AM.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T can't wait until all of the iPad 1Gs are out of service so that they can screw everyone on their mobile data offerings.

Although I am glad I have unlimited data, and although I do not mind paying 29.99/month for it, I have to admit that I have never got anywhere close to the 2 GB limit of the cheaper plan.

Even when I am working in DC and have the much faster 3G speeds there, I could not imagine being stuck on having to use 3G for data intensive applications. It would be just horrible.

I only use 3G when I'm out in the field somewhere, and have the iPad set up to work on whatever WiFi is accessible in the buildings I work in.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Because of the growth of the smartphone and iPad segments, along with mobile hotspots. The carriers are having a hard time keeping their equipment capable of handling the increased data loads going through the air and are hoping that this may bring the data usage down some to alleviate some of the problems.

It's actually pretty realistic to say that most carriers weren't able to predict the explosion of data use over the air and are being forced to play catch up with the growing demand. Sucks for sure but I can't say I completely blame them.

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Up until today, I've been subscribed to the unlimited 3G service, but noticed this morning that I had 'no data remaining on plan'.
After signing in to check my plan, the unlimited I have been using is no longer available.
I'll have to check my data usage and see if the 250Mb plan is viable, though it pretty much kills streaming movies.

[iPad] Unlimited data plan cancelled by AT&T, what to do?

[iPad] Unlimited data plan cancelled by AT&T, what to do? - dslreports.com

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo we shall see how this goes, thanks to you guys I am watching movies via netflix on iphone 3gs, I had the app to go on and change my movies before they ship, I never tried watching any because I didnt think my slow 3g would play it. I have unl data so we will see what they do =)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Good luck with AT&T.

3G works fine for NetFlix etc.

Sometimes I start them streaming and then go to bed just to see how much data I can use up during a month. No problems in going way over the 5GB limit others have. AT&T is true to its word. The data is unlimited on my iPad.

I wouldn't go that far.
But would not have bought the Ipad if not for the unlimited 3g.

Since April 30th i have sent 2.0GB and received 36.9GB on 3G according to Usage..... Subtract maybe 6GB with of wifi.
I am sure I have used more than 5GB in one month but have used less than 5GB as well. It just depends.
Hulu,Netflix,Sling,ABC,etc. streams extremely well on my ipad. Most of the time I have 5 bars but streams with no problems as low as 2 bars.

Been reading a lot of ebooks with Kindle app. Surfing and other things.

I used a lot of bandwidth in the beginning but used a lot less and seemed to leveled off.
Usually watch an episode of SGA every day during lunch.
Maybe 6 hours of streaming per week.

Never canceling this true unlimited on my ipad or Iphone.
If I am able to transfer my unlimited to the Ipad 2 i will upgrade next year.

Most reactions

Latest posts