What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlimited 3G gone.

OP
GrendelPrime

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser...

Was going to break down and order a lower data plan to get me by and see how much of that unlimited plan I was really using, and as of this afternoon, the unlimited option is back!
:confused:

Thanks to everyone for the input, I'm still going to follow-up with AT&T to find out what happened, but I'm back to my mobile self again.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Dont know if this works for everyone, Can someone who doesn't already have unlimited data plan try this.

completely reboot your ipad.
as soon as it comes back on, go into settings and cellular data.
Does it show the unlimited plan?

I spoke to an ATT rep that told me that by turning off the ipad and going into the data plans right after turning it back on, the unlimited plan is an option that can be selected. If you dont go to it right after rebooting only the 2 lower plans show up until you reboot agian.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes I start them streaming and then go to bed just to see how much data I can use up during a month. No problems in going way over the 5GB limit others have. AT&T is true to its word. The data is unlimited on my iPad.

I wonder why carriers are eliminating unlimited plans...

To screw the public. Plans should be getting cheaper an more available with the expansion of the mobile broadband market.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I wonder why carriers are eliminating unlimited plans...

To screw the public. Plans should be getting cheaper an more available with the expansion of the mobile broadband market.

LOL @ expansion.

ATT is just sitting back counting there money, not upgrading. All the other carriers are doing the same saying why should we spend more on upgrades when we can just wait it out and collect on what we already have.

Metro PCS is going to start rolling out 4G in my area maybe this will get the others to start getting their act together. and this is a company that has offers unlimited everything data, text, calls, web... for $50 per month. almost half what the others charge.

MetroPCS Launches First 4G LTE Services in the United States and Unveils World’s First Commercially Available 4G LTE Phone

Last edited:

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL @ expansion.

ATT is just sitting back counting there money, not upgrading. All the other carriers are doing the same saying why should we spend more on upgrades when we can just wait it out and collect on what we already have.

Metro PCS is going to start rolling out 4G in my area maybe this will get the others to start getting their act together. and this is a company that has offers unlimited everything data, text, calls, web... for $50 per month. almost half what the others charge.

MetroPCS Launches First 4G LTE Services in the United States and Unveils World’s First Commercially Available 4G LTE Phone

I wish AT&T could get their crap together, they started rolling out 4g but I cant even get 3g working in most places, go figure!

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unfortunately, Metro PCS is horrible where I live. it's probably the worst.

I personally use Tmobile and it works great where I go, also I think only ATT has no unlimited plan. everywhere else, at least to my knowledge has Unlimited and 4g or HSPA+

Most reactions