What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Understanding the "Auto Wake/Sleep" function and the best case for it

regret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Greetings :) I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'd like to discuss with you guys the topic on the auto wake/sleep function similar to Apple's Smart Cover. I've recently bought a casing which claims to have this function but when inserting my new iPad, it doesn't seem to work. I googled around and seems like the magnet polarity or something isn't the same for the iPad 2 and the new iPad(3). That is as far as I could understand. Anyone here good enough to explain more in layman terms?

Anyway I've contacted the company (since they are good help I decide not to reveal thier name) and they said they have a fix for it but it's kind of an external fix. I'd need to add some kind of magnet (which they will send me for free) for it to work. So here comes my other concern, will adding a 'random' magnet around the iPad have any negative effect on the iPad itself? The last thing I want it to screw up my screen. What kind of "smart" question should I be asking them ? Say:

1) Are the magnets approved by Apple?
2) Does the magnet touch the screen?

Hope someone can enlighten me on this :) Thanks !

OP
R

regret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • Replies: 0
  • Views: 204
Wow that's kinda sad lol .... No1 here is using any auto wake sleep cover/casing?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was a big deal months ago. A company should have addressed this by now. I suggest you return that case and buy one of the zillions of cases that have been made to work. Apple decided to change something about the magnets for the 2012 iPad, so there is a particular polarity (n/s vs s/n, etc.) needed for a case to work. I would not worry about asking all of those questions just to get a case to work, its a waste of time.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ryanlawrence171 said:
Auto wake up function coming with case, Or there is some application available for that ?

It's not an app. It will show up in settings the first time you use a Smart Cover or similar 3rd party cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts