What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underrated/Overrated games ?

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me be the first to start.

Overrated:-

Angry Birds. OK, I understand this is a fun addicting game but I'm sick of how people think that it is the best game ever, I mean sure it is really fun, but the best ever ?!

Need For Speed. High price, terrible controls and no storyline! (enough said)

Underrated:-

Osmos. You probably never heard of this game. which is a shame because it's really great game.

Glasstower1/2. Great game with great graphics and plot. It may be in top downloads or some thing. But my not one of my 17 friends (with iPhone/iPod Touch) ever HEARD of it.

Post here games that YOU think they're underrated/overrated.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underrated: Need for Speed. Best driving game on iPad, easy controls. Good for casual game, nothing too serious.

Overrated: Osmos. Boring, Slow Gameplay. Really over hyped, no fun.

Looks like we have a slightly different opinion here..

OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^

I liked all Need For Speed games on PC and PlayStation 2 and PSP. But by far this is the worst(even worse than the PSP version). All previous ones had some good background story. but this one nothing!? I'm sorry to say that Need For Speed is just not for the iPad.

But yeah. Slightly, huh.:rolleyes:

Underrated: Dominion HD. Great strategic game with such a beautiful interface and great tutorial and a very well done online mode.:)

OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^

Golf isn't my favorite type of games, especially when I suck playing it on console's. But yeah It's good!

Underrated: Cogs HD, Great puzzle game with smooth movements and easy control, and some puzzles really need good thinking in order to solve them! I feel like a genius when I solve anything on that thing:D! overall just great concept.:)

Emepegel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underrated: Need for Speed. Best driving game on iPad, easy controls. Good for casual game, nothing too serious.

Overrated: Osmos. Boring, Slow Gameplay. Really over hyped, no fun.

Looks like we have a slightly different opinion here..
I doubt Need for Speed is underrated. :)

For Osmos I can understand your point. If you have the game try persist a bit and unlock more worlds, as the game progress it becomes more intense. The first are too much like a tutorial.

Underrated: Spirit HD (only underrated overall and by those who never played it), Knight Defense, Trundle HD (free), Despicable Me: Minion Mania (by players),
Overrated: Angry Birds, Doodle Jump (fun but not THAT much)

EDIT: For the quote, yeah I also never heard of Glasstower, I'll definitely check it. Osmos is rather known from Mac/PC world a lot thanks to a Steam release. Cogs HD seems to me relatively well know on idevice but not that much I agree.

Last edited:
OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underrated: Spirit HD (only underrated overall and by those who never played it), Knight Defense, Trundle HD (free), Despicable Me: Minion Mania (by players),
Overrated: Angry Birds, Doodle Jump (fun but not THAT much)

EDIT: For the quote, yeah I also never heard of Glasstower, I'll definitely check it. Osmos is rather known from Mac/PC world a lot thanks to a Steam release. Cogs HD seems to me relatively well know on idevice but not that much I agree.

Great list, I tried them and was satisfied with all of them. Spirit HD..:mad: This game really frustrates me at times, still I enjoy it at times as well.

OP
J

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underrated: Dungeon Hunter HD, this game is a great RPG game with a good storyline some time controls can be frustrating but it a definitely a must have for nay RPG fan like me. Looking forward for Dungeon Hunter HD.:D

melisa121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone tried magic piano by smule? saw it on youtube looks like a fun game.

Most reactions