What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unaccounted Memory Usage

pogrady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. In General > Usage on my iPad Air, it is showing 10.1GB of used storage. However, when I go to General > Usage > Manage Storage, the sum of all the individual items, including IOS 9, is about 1.6GB.

I also noticed that the Video app does not appear under the Manage Storage menu. I know my 2 videos are approximately 4GB in total so this still doesn't account for the memory shortfall.

So my questions are i) how do I determine which other apps not identified in General > Usage > Manage Storage are taking up storage, and ii) how do I get the iPad to show the video app (and any other missing apps) under this menu option?

Note: I have delected Safari browsing history.

Thanks,

Paul

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried hooking it up to iTunes? This probably won't solve the issue with how it displays but might show more details on where the memory is being used.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like the second set of figures could be your iCloud storage rather than your on board storage, which both reside in the Storage section of Settings.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like the second set of figures could be your iCloud storage rather than your on board storage, which both reside in the Storage section of Settings.

@ OP - I'd have to agree w/ the above, i.e. which 'storage' locations are you observing? See the attached pic from my iPad Air - the blue arrow points to what is available on my iPad's storage, while the red arrow shows what is left of my 5 GB in the cloud (I do a B/U of the device to that location). Dave :)
image1.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts