What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory usage for photos

Frankwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Ipad has been running very slow. Checking memory via settings, general, usage I saw there was no available disc space. Deleting a couple hundred photos gained a GB of storage, however I can't find out how much memory the remainder of photos (thousands of them) take. Tried settings, general, usage, but only get a listing of Apps-an Icon for photos isn't included. Is there someway of determinig how much memory space is taken by these thousands of photos. The Ipad we have is a 16GB. thanks, Frank

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at Settings/Usage/Storage/Photos and Camera

That will tell you how much space your photographs are using.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
F

Frankwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo Memory

Have a look at Settings/Usage/Storage/Photos and Camera

That will tell you how much space your photographs are using.

I assume you mean settings/General/Usage/. After clicking 'usage' the next page is called storage (not clickable) and underneath it lists all the apps but nothing labelled "Photos and Camera'. I have tried a hard reset but nothing changes. Does the original IPAD list 'Photos and Camera'after clicking usage, and my particular IPAD doesn't have a camera (am I in the wrong forum?)
thanks, Frank

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frankwe said:
I assume you mean settings/General/Usage/. After clicking 'usage' the next page is called storage (not clickable) and underneath it lists all the apps but nothing labelled "Photos and Camera'. I have tried a hard reset but nothing changes. Does the original IPAD list 'Photos and Camera'after clicking usage, and my particular IPAD doesn't have a camera (am I in the wrong forum?)
thanks, Frank

No, you're not in the wrong forum. I am. Sorry about that. I don't know whether Usage shows photographs for iPad 1.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The memory used by photos on an iPad I can be found using iTunes.

Plug your iPad into your computer and open iTunes. .. Then in 'Devices' click on 'My iPad'.. (It will be called something else if you renamed it).

That will take you to a screen with a graphic bar along the bottom. It shows you what is on your iPad (Audio, Photos, Book, Apps, etc) and how much memory they are using.. It also shows how much memory is free... In the latest iTunes you have to hover the mouse pointer over the bar to see the memory useage...

OP
F

Frankwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The memory used by photos on an iPad I can be found using iTunes.

Plug your iPad into your computer and open iTunes. .. Then in 'Devices' click on 'My iPad'.. (It will be called something else if you renamed it).

That will take you to a screen with a graphic bar along the bottom. It shows you what is on your iPad (Audio, Photos, Book, Apps, etc) and how much memory they are using.. It also shows how much memory is free... In the latest iTunes you have to hover the mouse pointer over the bar to see the memory useage...

Thanks, your approach worked. Of course, then I had to battle with unwanted songs that got sent from itunes on my computer to the IPad which in turn gobbled up more memory...but thankfully songs take less memory then photos. And I guess that I can't really delete these songs from the IPAD except by deleting them from the computer (which I don't want to do!) and then re'syncing. Another problem for another day.Thanks again for your expertise! thanks again, Frank

Rdanos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad for some reason double up the photos, I can not for what ever reason delite these photo. The delite icon comes on but after clicking on the picture I want to delite, nothing, delite does nothing. Running out of memory, please help.

Most reactions

Latest posts