What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to register AT&T online and myAT&T

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I setup a pre-paid data plan with AT&T for my iPad2 using Settings, cellular. And, when I look at my account info under settings, I'm assigned a phone number (I guess it's a unique identifier). I've never had an account with AT&T before.

So, I figured I'd install the myAT&T app to check on my usage (I can also do so from settings, but I'm trying different things out w/ my new iPad2). But, the id and password I use to access my AT&T account under settings doesn't work.

I also tried registering with AT&T online -- as a cellular account using the phone number assigned to my iPad account -- and this doesn't work either.

Has anyone else, who is using an iPad for the 1st time and doesn't have a previous AT&T account been able to use myAT&T or setup an online account?

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
www.att.com/ipadlanding It basically shows what you see when you check your cellular use on the iPad. I haven't tried the app, but I assume you'd see the same info.

Would the advantage of the app be that you don't have to enter your user id and password everytime?

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new iPad 2 owner who didn't have an AT&T account. I opted for the postpaid plan and did set up an online account. The one issue, however, which for whatever reason AT&T hasn't quite figured out yet, is that they wanted to text my password to the AT&T number assigned to my iPad. I had to call them and explain the iPad is not a phone and could not receive text messages. So they snail mailed it to me. Got it about 10 days later and my online account now works just fine.

OP
R

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Your link worked. It's good to have an online link that I can access from other than the iPad.

I'm not sure if there's any advantage to the myAT&T app. I'm just getting used to my new iPad and trying different things. But, I was (am) curious why it doesn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts