What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to display iPad screen on TV Screen

AppleIdiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using an iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4.

I have tried connecting an VGA Adapter and HDMI Cable, with my iPad 2 on an LG TV Model LD330.

There is an error on the displaying on the TV Screen, as when I played the video on iPad. The iPad screen showed that video is bing played on connected device, but on the TV screen it shows "NO SIGNAL".

Could I have any help with this? As I tried connecting the HDMI Cable to my laptop and displaying the screen and it works perfectly. Is it a fault with the VGA Adapter? Or is there an application or software update I have to do?

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
two thoughts, the obvious- are you on the right HDMI channel. Also I have found that I had to turn off ipad and back on or unplug cable and re plug it for HDMI to pick up signal.
S

OP
A

AppleIdiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
two thoughts, the obvious- are you on the right HDMI channel. Also I have found that I had to turn off ipad and back on or unplug cable and re plug it for HDMI to pick up signal.
S

Hi n4uau,

Thanks for reply. I am definitely on the right HDMI Channel, as I had disconnected from my PC that was playing alright
and plugged it straight in after. I tried the re-plug of cables too, but still didn't work. How??

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suggest that you refer to the latest iPad userguide to the Airplay section. This will show you how to switch the display from the Ipad to the TV when the App allows it. Also refer to mirrioing under the Airplay section, as this will show the total iPad display on the TV.

tron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest that you refer to the latest iPad userguide to the Airplay section. This will show you how to switch the display from the Ipad to the TV when the App allows it. Also refer to mirrioing under the Airplay section, as this will show the total iPad display on the TV.

Doesn't airplay only work with an Appletv ?

What the OP is referring to is mirroring.

The main reason could be the cable/adapter my not be apple original.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using an iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4.

I have tried connecting an VGA Adapter and HDMI Cable, with my iPad 2 on an LG TV Model LD330.......

I'm concerned you aren't using the right cable. If you are using HDMI, then you need a 30-pin to HDMI cable, which looks like what is shown here:

Amazon.com: Apple Digital AV Adapter (MD098ZM/A): Computers & Accessories

This has nothing to do with the VGA adapter. I assume your TV has HDMI inputs, right?

Hi AppleIdiot - I don't understand your statement in bold above? Are you trying to use BOTH a VGA & an HDMI cable to connect to your HDTV? As stated by AQ_OC​, you simply need the HDMI adapter linked and a single HDMI cable - I have this combination for my iPad 2 and works fine. Please clarify how you are trying to accomplish this connection. Dave

Most reactions