What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to completely connect to WiFi.

OP
T

Teddie_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The router was a new router. Not new software on it. The DHCP does not have the original iPad listed. All of my other devices that use the wifi signal are. I have read over all of Apple recommendations for router settings. I have also turned off the password, to see if that was a problem. I am using Apples recommendation for password settings. I have renamed my network just incase that was an issue. The range for ip adresses is a couple of hundred. The iPad was the first device I tried to use on my network. It never would connect.
Thanks for the help so far.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teddie_C said:
The router was a new router. Not new software on it. The DHCP does not have the original iPad listed. All of my other devices that use the wifi signal are. I have read over all of Apple recommendations for router settings. I have also turned off the password, to see if that was a problem. I am using Apples recommendation for password settings. I have renamed my network just incase that was an issue. The range for ip adresses is a couple of hundred. The iPad was the first device I tried to use on my network. It never would connect.
Thanks for the help so far.

Just checking but what is the client name for the ipad1 vs ipad2?

OP
T

Teddie_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no firmware up grade that I am aware of. The iPad have two different client names, if you are talking about what they are called.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teddie_C said:
There is no firmware up grade that I am aware of. The iPad have two different client names, if you are talking about what they are called.

Is this a modem/router or stand alone router your cable modem plugs into?

OP
T

Teddie_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cable plugs into the router. Its kind of all in one. Router, wireless router, and hook up for cable phone.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teddie_C said:
The cable plugs into the router. Its kind of all in one. Router, wireless router, and hook up for cable phone.

Do you get the modem status page when entering provided URL? If so note firmware version and post

OP
T

Teddie_C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firmware Name:TS0703108D_091611_MODEL_852_GW_TW
Firmware Build Time:Fri Sep 16 16:50:59 EDT 2011
eSAFE 0 FW Revision:2.0.22C_0916_CERT

Ok here you go.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well well....seems your model is not exactly reliable.

I'm reading about folks with your exact problem. Sadly in almost all cases they are required by the ISP to use this modem/router.

The workaround is to use your own router and have the Arris unit put in bridge mode rather than gateway mode. This would allow you to connect your own router and bypass the Arris supplied one.

Also reading bout firmware issues. Support reps suggest pressing the reset button on the rear of the modem to assure any update has been fully applied.

I can post links to threads discussing this issue but unsure of policy here so refraining from doing so for now.

I will say this....you should be on the horn with Brighthouse and tell them this is a known issue and they either correct the problem or put the device in bridge mode so you can attach your own wireless router and avoid these shenanigans.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have located a Brighthouse specific support forum with a Brighthouse technician who accesses your cable modem directly and works through customer issues such as yours. Create a user profile at dslreports and open a thread describing your problem at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/brighthouse and member BHNtechXpert will work with you to resolve your issue.

I am hopeful considering the nature of your problem is not iPad specific but rather ISP specific my posting of this information here will be allowed.

I've browsed the Brighthouse specific forum extensively at dslreports and BHNtechXpert is very good at addressing customer issues quickly and effectively. You aren't working with call center staff reading from scripts. This fellow is assigned to work the forum to resolve customer issues so I believe you will find him/her responsive and helpful. I suspect the end result will be either a firmware upgrade that eliminates your issue or a switch to bridge mode to allow you to connect your own router.

Good luck !

GottaRide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading these issues going on. I am not real computer smart but I will try to tell you what I have learned. iPad 1 will not connect with the wifi. Have Cable One for a service provider. They say the Arris does not get along with every device. They have found it has an issue that devices having an 06 in their address are rejected by Arris Modem. The problem is one cannot see if 06 is in the physical address until after they buy the product and use it. Another iPad2 user hooked up to the Arris fine. I took the iPad1 to library and hooked up fine. Now they suggest the Arris is good for the phone part of the service and to use Motorola for the high speed data part. Not real happy with that solution. More money and splitting up the signal too.
The tech told me this in laymens terms to I know it doesn't sound technical but it sounds like the same problem that is going on with these other posts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts