What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to click "OK" when entering passcode on lock screen!

KiNgDoMRiDeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I have searched for a few hours to avoid dup posts, but have not found anything addressing my issue, so here we go........I hope someone can help........

--Problem: My lock screen is dorked where I am not able to click OK when entering my passcode (See attachment)
--------------------------
--Device:
iPad 2 64GB+3G; 4.3.3 JB with jailbreakme.com 3.0
--------------------------
--Additional Detail:

1. I am on the road and without the system originally used to configure my iPad to restore
2. Screen does not change between portrait and landscape
3. While using "iPhone Configuration Utility", below are a few error messages I saw in the Console view:
a. Oct 22 23:10:56 devicename SpringBoard[35] <Notice>: MultitouchHID(1cd12080) uilock state: 0 -> 1
b. Oct 22 23:10:56 devicename SpringBoard[35] <Warning>: Could not find mapped image UITextFieldClearButton.png
c. Oct 22 23:10:56 devicename SpringBoard[35] <Warning>: Could not find mapped image UITextFieldClearButtonPressed.png
-----------------------
--What I have tried:

1. Tried to restore using a downloaded ios (iPad2,3_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw), but to no avail.
2. Tried to restore using the normal method, but I don't want to upgrade in the process, and desire to stay w/ 4.3.3 unteathered
3. Tried using "iPhone Configuration Utility" so access files to reconfigure iPad, but no options seem to fit the job
4. iFunBox does not work because I cannot unlock the iPad in order for it to access the files
-----------------------
--JB Apps Currently Installed:
1. Cydia
2. Terminal
3. Backgrounder
4. Activator
5. CarbonX HD Pro (installed right before issue began)
6. IntelliScreen
7. Keyboard Demo (installed right before issue began)
8. Rock
9. iFile
10. WinterBoard
11. A few themes (installed right before issue began)
12. Mouse
13. Tlert

I am not sure if my best option is to put it in a drawer for another week until I get home to the original configuration system........

Thx in advance for the assistance.

KR out.......
2011-10-23 00.34.28.jpg

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Rambler is right.
You need to see if you can get into safe mode.
But, you don't have sbsettings so.....

In the future, set an activator event to go into safe mode just in case so you can uninstall in an emergency.
You are going to have to restore. Use DFU mode and point iTunes to your 4.3.3 software ONLY if you have your blobs saved.

OP
K

KiNgDoMRiDeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx t the both of you for the input, as it makes perfect sense.

I guess I will hv to wait a few more day until I get home and on the system used to originally config and backup the device.

Now, will I need to go into DFU mode, or just rt-clk device in iTunes, select restore, and select my backup that was prior to the app installs that messed up the device?

I'll make sure I configure activator as well.

KR out.......

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And if I could just say KR, well done in presenting all the information, that is certainly the best way to get a problem sorted!! If the guys n gals on here can see all the facts, there is a very good chance all problems would be sorted in a jiffy!!

Agreed!
If everyone showed their problem in this much detail and order, we could answer questions with one post instead of a 10 post discussion asking for more detail.

OP
K

KiNgDoMRiDeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the remarks gents. I do consulting work and it is rough when a client requests assistance based on vague issues/requirements, so I avoid doing the same.

I finally got back into my iPad!

1. I tried the restore via iTunes on the original system, and it failed
2. Attempts using TinyUmbrella and Fix Recovery failed as well (may be operator error ;o) -- a few sites said it does not work on 3G version of iPad)
3. Finally connected via SSH and created the com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat file using f4780y's doc in Post #6, and it was spot-on!
4. I removed all suspect apps, added Safe Mode Launcher, Activator, and SBSettings as both of you recommended

Thx to the both of you for the assistance. I am in the mood to see what I can do to my iPad 1, 32G, WiFi+3G running 4.3.5.

KR out.........

Most reactions

Latest posts