What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-deleteable email!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Feb 1st 2020 my sister sends an email about the windows 10 computer we bought then.

Anyway, every so often, it shows up in the deleted file again??
Over and over and every time I delete it, it just shows up in the deleted file again sometime later??
Been going on since 2020.
She has an @aol.com address.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it permanently, appreciated.
Ken

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your email provider has a web based email site, try deleting it from there.
Just tried the web site. Not there.
Great fun, huh??
I've closed the email icon, rebooted the IPAD several times I guess over the past two years. It still comes back periodically. Weird!!
Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The other option is to completely remove that mail account from the iPad, then re-add it. As long as the account is IMAP or Exchange (Gmail, iCloud, Hotmail, and most other accounts are one of these) no data will be lost, since everything is stored on the servers. If in doubt, check with your provider to see what type the account is.

Make sure to restart the iPad after removing the account. This should insure that all of he account's data is gone before you re-add the account.

One exception. If for some reason you've set up local folders and have been saving emails to them, you'll want to move those emails to server folders first, and wait a bit for all the emails to upload.

Most reactions

Latest posts