What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lovexmadxevil said:
Help!!! I installed the xcon tweak so I can still use lovefilm on my iPad but since updating the lovefilm app it realises the ipad is jailbroken. Any suggestions?

Give the developer of Xcon a heads up. I think you can do that right from the Xcon Cydia page. Go into Cydia then to your installed tweaks, find Xcon and you'll see instructions from there. Hope it works out.

Please read comic books

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also try xcon alias.

Please read comic books

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks - I just updated this list, mainly to link the reviews we have made over in the Tweak section to the items listed in the first post of this thread. This should help everyone to find out all they can about a tweak before they make a decision to buy or install it.

During my updates, I added some tweaks to the list. They are:

Locksliderz
SleepDepriver
AutoFill Eraser
BrowseInApp
MountainCenter
SBPhoto
Lockscreen Clock Hide
Zephyr

All of the above had reviews, so I figured they should be in the "ultimate" list. Well, except for the Zephyr tweak. It wasn't listed anywhere! One of my most fave tweaks, and we've never mentioned it. Weird, I know! So, I added it (and highly recommend it). :)

Happy tweaking!

Marilyn

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks - I just updated this list, mainly to link the reviews we have made over in the Tweak section to the items listed in the first post of this thread. This should help everyone to find out all they can about a tweak before they make a decision to buy or install it.

During my updates, I added some tweaks to the list. They are:

Locksliderz
SleepDepriver
AutoFill Eraser
BrowseInApp
MountainCenter
SBPhoto
Lockscreen Clock Hide
Zephyr

All of the above had reviews, so I figured they should be in the "ultimate" list. Well, except for the Zephyr tweak. It wasn't listed anywhere! One of my most fave tweaks, and we've never mentioned it. Weird, I know! So, I added it (and highly recommend it). :)

Happy tweaking!

Marilyn

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't want to be a nuisance but I think this thread should be updated with tweaks compatible with iOS 6 as not all tweaks are yet compatible, Remove Background being one of them :)

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure what I installed, but all of a sudden my Cydia shows up in a cut-sized screen like an iPhone app, except that it's only partially displayed and the buttons (whichever are visible) don't work... And ScrollingBoard seems a bit iffy, too. Back to Square One. :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is in-work.

If I may ask for a bit of patience - given we just got the iOS jail break yesterday. Please? :)

Thanks.

Marilyn

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know some of you guys are really anxious to download and install tweaks you've grown to love, but not ALL of them has been updated to 6.x.

If you try to install a tweak that is not updated to the latest firmware you currently have, you run the risk of harming your iOS in the progress one way or other.

To prevent that, all you have to do is just to be patient and wait for the developer(s) to update them. In a worst case scenario, the tweak may not even be worked on ever again - you will need to find a similar tweak elsewhere or scratch it off your list.

Believe me, it is worth the wait for your favorite tweaks to be updated. It's better than losing most/all the work on your iOS, after all!

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where/how should we submit our own observations?

Both RetinaPad and Scrollingboard seem to have issues under iOS6.1

lozhedgehog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having hunted the web for ages I can't find what I'd really like from Cydia.
Does anyone know of a tweak to switch home screen pages quicker ie. like a pinch on some Android home screens which tiles the home screen pages for quick access to avoid swipe swipe swipe swipe!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the tweak Overboard (it's in the first post). There's a link to a review I made on it there also.

it's my favorite way to navigate the screens (I have nine).

Marilyn

ryanwyann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ferlie said:
Yes I've already try iFile, but my WD external doesnt read automatically, it should use command using iSSH. any easy trick?

Sent from my  iPhone using iPF

I would say your best bet is iFile for that. Just use iSSH for some other tricks. You shouldn't have to use it.

lozhedgehog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How had I missed Overboard in my search!
Brilliant app and a worthwhile purchase for just over a quid :) I won't wear a horizontal groove in my screen anymore!!!
Thanks

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey, I have looked everywhere for something you recommended last JB, can't find it, and am doing a fresh install instead of a backup restore for my Cydia aps. It was an add-on in SBSettings where I could just click on the app with an X to close all open aps on the multitask bar at once. I may be just missing it somewhere. Can you help me?

Never mind, just found it! WOOT! Remove Background SBCSEttings. Love that app.

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Remove Background isn't yet compatible with iOS 6 I believe

Most reactions

Latest posts