What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
spajdr said:
hello guys, is there a utility to change folder attributes (read,write) as freeware? i dont want to pay 5 dollars (ifile) for just changing attribute to one directory.

Just install OpenSSH and use any free SSH client from you PC to change attributes.

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spajdr said:
sadly, i dont have pc or macintosh, any other suggestion?

I'm not 100% but I think mobile terminal is free (or cheap) and you can launch it and SU and then change attrib/permissions to a file or group of files depending on your Linux l337 ness

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been using vplayer in my samsung galaxy s and watching movies directly from a server without problem (even with 3G ). I want to know if there is an app like this for iPad . I want to open safari go to a specific address where the movies are and when I click on the link to bring up the app and p,ay the movie , alternatively to copy the link address and to paste it in the app and play the movie. Any idea???

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
3GUnrestrictor - Tired of apps that tell you you can't use them of download something because you are not connected to WiFi? 3GU fools them into thinking you are. No more blocky YouTube videos!

Happy Tweaking fellow Jailbreakers

has anyone been successful in getting facetime to work with this? facetime requires wifi connection...

i have been trying for two days, with facetime in the list of unrestricted apps (see pic),but i still cannot connect...

that's the only reason i purchased the product...

Attachments

• image-3479483820.png
    image-3479483820.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 257

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
3GUnrestrictor - Tired of apps that tell you you can't use them of download something because you are not connected to WiFi? 3GU fools them into thinking you are. No more blocky YouTube videos!

has anyone been successful in getting facetime to work with this? facetime requires wifi connection...

i have been trying for two days, with facetime in the list of unrestricted apps (see pic),but i still cannot connect...

Get my3g instead.

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i already have one, lol. a 3g-64GB black beauty.

as i understand it, the 3gunrestrictor enables one to use apps that do not recognize devices running only on 3g... they work only with wifi connection. the tweak would have been very useful if i'm on the road, thus no wifi connection.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:

I think you actually want facebreak from Cydia...

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
facebreak requires an iphone. so there's no way to use facetime over 3g...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i already have one, lol. a 3g-64GB black beauty.

as i understand it, the 3gunrestrictor enables one to use apps that do not recognize devices running only on 3g... they work only with wifi connection. the tweak would have been very useful if i'm on the road, thus no wifi connection.

Search for "My3G" in cydia....alternative to 3G unrestrictor.....

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that one did it! i'm now able to use facetime without wifi. thanks!

how come the other app didn't work as advertised? theres no refund policy? lol!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, but if you look, 3G Unrestrictor says it will work with "most" apps (as does My3G, actually).

Not false advertising... That picture posted is the list of apps the user made unrestricted, not the list of guaranteed unrestricted apps (which is listed if you press the "i" in that picture; and then press "verified apps").

Glad you got it to work with the other though...

Marilyn

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Ah, but if you look, 3G Unrestrictor says it will work with "most" apps (as does My3G, actually).

Not false advertising... That picture posted is the list of apps the user made unrestricted, not the list of guaranteed unrestricted apps (which is listed if you press the "i" in that picture; and then press "verified apps").

Glad you got it to work with the other though...

Marilyn

hi, marilyn! thank you for being very helpful to us newbies.

i was disappointed because it didn't work for me... facetime was the first app that it claimed to work with 3g only...

you're right, the list is mine :) i chose which apps i wanted to be 3g unrestricted

p.s. i inserted the screenshot for 3g unrestrictor there must be a tweak that's incorporated in photo albums that can enable me to crop and change orientations. my neck is now bent sideways, lol!

Attachments

• image-3813848580.png
    image-3813848580.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 277

Most reactions

Latest posts