What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Looks the forum censor's didn't like the app after "icon renamer" under free tweaks...lol...

Yes, I had a laugh at that too. Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid!

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I add RecoveryGuard (free) to this list.

It fools iTunes into always thinking you have the latest firmware installed so you can accidentally upgrade :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have. It's pretty neat - and works fine.

You install it and then when you press and hold, to get the wiggling icons, you can tap on the [default] Page 1, Page 2, etc., writing and change it to whatever you wish. The keyboard pops up very readily and it's just like renaming a folder.

Can be very handy if your pages start all looking the same...

Marilyn

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had to bookmark this...great post. You need to add BTStackMouse to be able to use you BT mouse with the JB iPad along with the BT keyboard.

vitalion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for this, very useful and well presented! Cheers guys

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is smartscreen for iPad iOS still available, I can't find it on cydia

Edit - nevermind I figured it out

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Cydia, look for SmartScreen for iPad iOS.

I just want to add a note of caution that if (when?) you go to install widgets for this tweak, ensure you add stuff that specifically has iPad iOS somewhere in the wording. That's the one that works best on the iPad (actually may the only ones that work on the iPad).

The best thing to do is to go to the section: Cydia > Sections > SmartScreen iPad iOS Widgets and only look within that section when browsing for the widgets.

I'd just hate for you to buy a widget and discover you've purchased the wrong version...

Marilyn

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just FYI...

The Cydia tweak "Shrink" has been upgraded to add the ability to change both the size and color of text on the springboard.

Way cool! I've attached a screen shot of both larger and different colored text. For an avid wallpaper/springboard layout tinkerer, this is awesome! Of course, YMMV. :D

Oh, and thanks for your tweak "NoDock," Grayson. Very nice - as you can see.

Marilyn

May I ask what app you used to keep the icons only around the perimeter like in the screen shot please?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure!

It's a Cydia tweak called Gridlock. It's $0.99 (USD). Worth every one of those 99 pennies, IMNSHO!

With it, as you can see, you can move icons around on the springboard. Lots of neat patterns can be created with it...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts