What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an alternative for Dimmer that runs on iOS7? I would love to have a tweak that is able to get the brightness of the screen below the default minimum.

I couldn't find one, sorry. However, the developer has said that he's going to work on Dimmer for iOS 7, after other projects are done.

In the meantime - have you looked at the f.lux tweak? Granted, it doesn't dim the screen further than the stock settings but it does get rid of the awful blueness of the screen at night that "experts" say is bad for you and your sleep rhythms/patterns.

Here's hoping Dimmer gets updated, soon. I've never thought of it before, but it'd sure be nice[er] at night.

Marilyn

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find one, sorry. However, the developer has said that he's going to work on Dimmer for iOS 7, after other projects are done. In the meantime - have you looked at the f.lux tweak? Granted, it doesn't dim the screen further than the stock settings but it does get rid of the awful blueness of the screen at night that "experts" say is bad for you and your sleep rhythms/patterns. Here's hoping Dimmer gets updated, soon. I've never thought of it before, but it'd sure be nice[er] at night. Marilyn

Thank you for your quick reply, Marilyn. I have installed f.lux, it's great!
But I still I hope the Dimmer update will be there soon. :)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there already an iOS 7 alternative to 'No Update'?
I really don't want to lose the jailbreak, so I want to eliminate the small chance that I update the firmware OTA by accident. :p

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really don't want to lose the jailbreak, so I want to eliminate the small chance that I update the firmware OTA by accident. :p

Software Update Killer is an option. The iOS check and description has not been updated to state that iOS 7 is supported, but it does work on iOS 7 devices. I have it working as a test on a Mini 2 and it blocked the iOS 7.1 beta 4 update. (Mini 2 is on beta 3), so it should work for all other models of ARM64 devices

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The evasi0n jail break tool, by design, blocks the iOS updates. So, as long as you remain jail broken (and have used that tool), you're good to go.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the list on the first page to reflect updates for iOS 7. Now, fully functioning on all devices are:

Bolt
FolderEnhancer
Gridlock 2.0
iKeywi HD (hurray! :))
ScreenDimmer
Shrink
Springtomize 3
Winterboard

If I've missed any from the list that you have running, please let me know. But, slowly but surely, everything is getting updated...

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any new's on SB settings, or swipe away? I mean as far as an ios7 update?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 59

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SBSettings is "supposedly" in the mix. With Control Center added into the equation it's not a widely used tweak anymore as the toggles in Control Center can mimic that of the toggles in SBSettings by installing packages like CCSettings and the like. The power options in SBSettings are now flipswitches in CCSettings and several other Control Center tweaks, you can add your RAM/IP using StatusModifier. For system meta edits you use use iCleaner Pro. Poof unfortunately requires one form of payment or another, but the most prominent tweak that offers the same feature as Poof would be Springtomize 3. Respringing is also incorporated in almost every single CC tweak, or, you can install a standalone Respring package as well.

mefnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't seen WeeKillBackground Pro on the iOS7jailbreak tweak compatibility list yet... :-(

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I haven't seen WeeKillBackground Pro on the iOS7jailbreak tweak compatibility list yet... :-(

WeeKillBackground and WeeKillBackground Pro has not been updated for iOS 7 support. I'll add that to the incompatibility section of the spreadsheet.

mefnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WeeKillBackground and WeeKillBackground Pro has not been updated for iOS 7 support. I'll add that to the incompatibility section of the spreadsheet.

Thanks for checking.

I also didn't see UserAgentFaker in the list

There was also a Safari upload helper/manager that i can't remember the name of.... Has "upload" in the name, but didn't see it in the spreadsheet

Thanks!
-mark

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for checking.

I also didn't see UserAgentFaker in the list

There was also a Safari upload helper/manager that i can't remember the name of.... Has "upload" in the name, but didn't see it in the spreadsheet

Thanks!
-mark

Neither have been updated for iOS 7 yet. There's an alternative to UserAgentFaker, but I don't remember the tweak name off the top of my head. I've added Safari Upload Enabler and UserAgentFaker onto the list as well shortly

Most reactions

Latest posts