What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK - what 3G network is best value?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incapete said:
The tmobile booster page doesn't mention this deal anywhere?!

It's clearly stated in the link I provided (click the PAYG tab) :)

de531ab3.png

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
It's clearly stated in the link I provided (click the PAYG tab) :)

Foes this really work and if so how much data allowance do you get per month ? Do you still need to top up the PAYG mobile each month with some credit ?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Foes this really work and if so how much data allowance do you get per month ? Do you still need to top up the PAYG mobile each month with some credit ?

Yes it works.

Unlimited (FUP 1GB)

Top up sim with £20 then follow instructions in my earlier post.

Once booster is added the £20 disappears and no further to up is required. Repeat the process in 6 months.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
Yes it works.

Unlimited (FUP 1GB)

Top up sim with £20 then follow instructions in my earlier post.

Once booster is added the £20 disappears and no further to up is required. Repeat the process in 6 months.

I am gonna look into this over the weekend. Thanks.

Avionyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went into my local T-Mobile store today to go about getting me a microsim.

Apparently they don't give out "free" sim's anymore, you have to buy one pre loaded with £10 credit and they give you a choice of 3 data plans:

250MB per day for £2 per day
500MB per week for £7 per week
1GB per month for £15 per month

and he also said the boosters aren't compatible with these sims or plans, any idea if he was telling the truth?

Alex

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Avionyx said:

Apparently they don't give out "free" sim's anymore, you have to buy one pre loaded with £10 credit and they give you a choice of 3 data plans:

and he also said the boosters aren't compatible with these sims or plans, any idea if he was telling the truth?

Alex

I ordered my free sim online, topped up £20 online, put it in an old phone and added the 6MONTHWEB booster. Once I had the confirmation text I cut it down to micro sim size and put it in my iPad.

It's been working perfectly ever since March 11th :)

Guys in the stores don't know about a lot of the boosters. The 6MONTHWEB is for a phone, but it works great in the iPad too.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up! I've ordered my sim and will top it up when it gets here!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Avionyx said:

Alex

I ordered my free sim online, topped up £20 online, put it in an old phone and added the 6MONTHWEB booster. Once I had the confirmation text I cut it down to micro sim size and put it in my iPad.

It's been working perfectly ever since March 11th :)

Guys in the stores don't know about a lot of the boosters. The 6MONTHWEB is for a phone, but it works great in the iPad too.

I got mine last Tuesday. Bought a micro SIMM in the t-mobile shop and topped it up to £20. They gave me a SIMM full size adapter so I could activate it in my phone. Now working fine in my iPad and using Download Meter to monitor my usage

Jut121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
02 has the best data plan in my opinion as it's very flexible n you can swap at anytime between data plans

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TonyR said:
I got mine last Tuesday. Bought a micro SIMM in the t-mobile shop and topped it up to £20. They gave me a SIMM full size adapter so I could activate it in my phone. Now working fine in my iPad and using Download Meter to monitor my usage

Glad it's worked out ok for you too :)

defianty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
plymouthred said:
As promised just to update you regarding the micro sim (normal sim cut to size) which I had off eBay.

It works a treat and 99.9% of the time get an extremely strong signal in the Plymouth area (UK) :)

I bought on of these too. It's been great and I'm really impressed with the speeds. Far better than a 3G signal on my O2 iPhone. I may consider going over to 3 when the IPhone 5 arrives.

johnny_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my iPad through 3 (subsidised price and the £25/ month for 15Gb) and I have to say where I've been I've had no issues with coverage. I was camping in North Berwick recently and got GPRS coverage only on my O2 iPhone but 3 was very good. I couldn't seem to get iplayer to stream but that might have been iplayer rather than 3 as I've has issues like this very occasionally on my PC.

3 have teamed up with t-mobile for mobile broadband and there is seamless roaming between the two networks, they have invested a wad of money in building this network and hopefully now that Orange and t-mobile are part of Everything Everywhere, then they might bring Orange into the equation as well. 3 mobiles drop to Orange for 2G and calls when not in 3 range range but not the broadband as far as as I know.

My colleague has a 3 mi-fi for his wi-fi only iPad and he was impressed that I can get 3Mb/s in the office compared to his 1 MB/s Sky broadband.

Most reactions

Latest posts