What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tv series on iPad?

iVortox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if you guys know of any website which I could open with skyfire to watch tv shows online?

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember that this site had all kinds of issues and often crashed. Has there been improvements lately?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it is streaming video from channels all over the world.
I suppose sometimes the logistics of that, plus occasional technical difficulties from individual sites, might sometimes have effects.

But I just watched a whole episode of "Two and a Half Men" on an LA station.
(I was bored.)

Seemed stable.

OP
I

iVortox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks already, but these are sites to stream live television. Is there any other site similar to free-tv-video-online.me?

Gant22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do both atdhe.net and filmon.com require flash so that they would require the use of skyfire? And secondly, are they both free, or pay per view?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TV4ipad said:
I recently found these
1. BBC iplayer from iTunes International version, 9.99/month
2. streamingtvforipad dot com , free but only about 10 shows

Both runs well in 3G and WiFi network.
Are there any other recommendation?

If you get the British version of BBC iplayer by opening a uk iTunes account it has literally hundreds of shows also live BBC and all free!!!. Being outside the uk though you will have to set up a VPN. But when you have a VPN you can also watch itv player and channel 4' and like I said all is free to watch, I'm watching every night out here in Austria!!!!!

Appletvguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
siries.me is good, they have several popular series. You can watch them all in mobile safari, and they work well with apple tv over airplay. They don't get updated as frequently as the tv sites I use with my macbook, nor do they have as manny shows. But it's the only site I've found so far that works well with mobile safari. I've had very little success with skyfire and the other flash browsers. I find Video Browser works pretty well on the ipad, but doesn't work well mirroring to the apple tv.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
siries.me is good, they have several popular series. You can watch them all in mobile safari, and they work well with apple tv over airplay. They don't get updated as frequently as the tv sites I use with my macbook, nor do they have as manny shows. But it's the only site I've found so far that works well with mobile safari. I've had very little success with skyfire and the other flash browsers. I find Video Browser works pretty well on the ipad, but doesn't work well mirroring to the apple tv.

Never heard of siries.me ,checked it out and think its great.

Appletvguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is great. The video quality is excellent. When there's a lot of traffic they make you sign in through facebook, which I don't trust, I started opened a new facebook account just to be safe and used that one. Now that I know it's possible for a streaming video site to work that well on the ipad, I'm just hoping a few similar sites will pop up. So far it's the only one I can find.

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Parrori1 said:
There is an app for that.

Yes there is a filmon app available from the app store, but the interface seems exactly the same as th web address. Another even better site is tvcatchup/ipad but here you need to set up a VPN on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts