What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Listing App

pross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a TV Listing App (like TV Guide) that allows me to modify the channel name or the displayed channel number. My cable company use clear digital. and my tv list the channels like 26.1 for ABC channel 7. All of the listing apps I have seen show me the channel 2 listing and i want it to say channel 26.1. I have found several apps, but none of theme seem to let me edit the channel name or displayed number

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a TV Listing App (like TV Guide) that allows me to modify the channel name or the displayed channel number. My cable company use clear digital. and my tv list the channels like 26.1 for ABC channel 7. All of the listing apps I have seen show me the channel 2 listing and i want it to say channel 26.1. I have found several apps, but none of theme seem to let me edit the channel name or displayed number

Not an app, but point your browser at titantv.com

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Doesn't the TV Guide app show the appropriate channel numbers when you choose your provider from the list for your area?

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
P

pross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. The TV Guide shows the classic channel listing (ie: 2 - ABC, 4 - NBC, 5 - FOX, etc). Fortunately for me, I do not need a cable box to get the digital channels because they have QAM tuners in them. However, it apparently uses EIA channel numbering instead of PSIP so that on my TV the channels ar 27.1 = 2-ABC, 26.4 = 4-NBC, 26.5 = 5-FOX). So I can get a guide which shows the "right" channels for my area but the guide show 2, 4, 5 not 27.1, 26.4, 26.5 like my TV. I have an app on my Galaxy S3 (USA TV Droid) that allows me to rename/renumber the channels to match what my TV uses. Hopefully I explained that correctly

OP
P

pross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I don't see where titantv lets me rename the channels or numbers. I have to enter 27.1 on my remote to go to channel 2. I want to modify the listing for channel 2 to show 27.1 instead of 2.

NEVERMIND - I'm wrong, once I log in I can edit the channels. Thanks Kierandill for the tip. Looks like there may be an app as well. I'll have to play with this and see if it does what i want.

Last edited:
OP
P

pross

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Titan TV does' t pass the wife test (most important). Any other suggestions for tv listing app that I can edit channel names/numbers?

Most reactions

Latest posts