What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know any apps you can watch satellite tv with

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some channels I watch here in the uk like iplayer , channel4 od , Teletube , itv player etc. But seeing how there is software you can get online on the pc that allows you to watch satellite tv with lots of channels available I was wondering is there anything like that for the iPad and if you know of an app that you can watch all sorts of satellite channels with , I would deeply appreciate if you would tell me the name of it , thanks. When I said satellite channels , I just mean apps you a wide choice of channels to watch is all.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't,of course,watch satellite tv on an iPad because there is no satellite dish attached to it.Various content providers,such as the BBC,CBC,NHL,Netflix,etc.have their own apps which allow the watching of streaming video content,usually for a monthly subscription fee.

OP
E

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so sorry I didn't think I was doing any wrong , I am from the u.k and for example I have sky go , sky movies and also a whole bunch of others that are free like iplayer , stv p,Ayer , bbciplayer , channel 4 od and these are free and legit sites you can view program's that are on your tv , as these are tv players that allow you to watch soap , films , doscumentrys etc as these ones I have mentioned I also have on my tv. There are sites where you can actually watch tv channels on your pc. But I was not aware it being wrong to watch or discuss it. Please forgive me I am so sorry as I don't want to text about things that are not allowed. The players I mentioned are free and legit here , and where I live you are able to watch tv from your pc and it's not a crime or wrong.

danielmramos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mwhartman said:
Discussing or suggesting these sites are not permissible!

I didn't mention a website. I was suggesting a technology. It is very possible to use that technology legally in spite of what people think.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
danielmramos said:
I didn't mention a website. I was suggesting a technology. It is very possible to use that technology legally in spite of what people think.

The fact that it IS possible to use this technology in a manner contrary to the law is why you can't talk about this type of service on this forum.

Beartrack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is legal to use services from the sat companies on the ipad.
You do not actually hook directly to an antenna, but Dish Network has app for legal access to your subscription allowing you to watch your programming live or to watch what you have on your DVR.
And as someone else suggested sling box is a technology that will
Allow you to access your programs while away from your house. Need subscription.

Most reactions

Latest posts