What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troubles with photostream.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay I have had an iPad 2 now for some time.. and over the course of having it, I have taken a lot of pictures, and since iOS5 came out, have been syncing them to the photostream. Works great... so I thought...

Here is my problem, I got a iPhone 4s and it will only sync 15 pictures out of the 150 or so pictures that I have taken with my iPad.

Can someone please help me understand what is going on here?

Also, I wasn't sure where to put this, so if there is a more appropriate place, feel free to move it...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Photo Stream is not a complete photo sync solution. It is designed to sync new photos, the ones you've taken since you turned the service on. It will not sync photos already on the iPad or iPhone.

Syncing can also take some time. It only works over wi-fi, so first you iPhone needs wi-fi, then you iPad needs wi-fi, and both make take some time, since the pictures aren't exactly tiny.

Here is Apple's Photo Stream FAQ, which should give you a better understanding of what Photo Stream does, and does not do.

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

I'm not always patient enough to wait for Photo Stream. When that happens I use the PhotoSync app (no hyphen) to do the job. It needs to be downloaded and running on both devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts