What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Apps

crapshooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded a couple of apps on my new ipad 2 but can't get either one to open. It just says loading but never loads. I've tapped on the app is that how I need to open it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally, when you download an app directly to your iPad it shows the app's icon and a little bar graph at the bottom with, first of all 'Loading' and then 'Installing' and, as things proceed, the bar graph moves from left to right. If it's still saying 'Loading' then it's not completed that yet. If the app is large - say a game with lots of graphics - it can take a while, possibly even an hour or more, depending on the speed of your broadband connection. Watch to see if the bar graph is moving at all....

Tim

OP
C

crapshooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I just plug to charger and leave it while it's loading? Ibooks is one of the ones that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - you can plug it into the charger and leave it; having said that though, iBooks isn't that big an app, so that shouldn't take too long to download unless you're on a very slow connection.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad showing '3G' or 'E' (for EDGE) or 'o' (for GPRS) next the AT&T indicator on the top menu line?

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts