What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble updating on appstore

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day, i have trouble updating my apps installed from appstore. When im updating, different email keep showing is there any way i can change the
Email, i have ipad 2 jailbroken. I had tied signing out and signing in my email but the other email is there on update.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will always be prompted to provide the password associated with the account under which the app was purchased. So if you are getting this popup, then the app was bought by that person using that ID. It cannot be changed.

I am assuming the email is someone else in your household sharing the same iTunes, and therefore you should get them to put in the password to update that app? You will need to do this any time there is an update to that app.

If not, then the app is stolen and you would not be entitled to use it, let alone get free updates for it.

Hope that helps.

OP
G

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,, yes the email is from my friend but all my apps are not from him, i had bought some apps too and i used my own apple id to do it, but when i try to update his email shows up and i cant update it.. It says that prevoius owner is the one who can update it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's right. So if you firends email is showing up, then for whatever reason, you have their copy of the app. If you also bought it, then simply delete the app from your device. Then go back into the App store, making sure you are logged in with your details, and you should be able to download it again, and it will be under your account. If you already bought it, there will be no charge.

OP
G

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.. Ill try it when i get home.. Thanks a lot dude.

Most reactions