What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble Cleaning Screen

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To all,

I have an iPad Air 2. I've always use the same cleaner for the past four years on my previous iPads and its always worked great. But lately it's been leaving smudges and streaks on the glass every time I use it. They are almost impossible to clean off. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to resolve it? This is driving me crazy! Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the iPad Air's screen is indeed harder to clean and it appears to be a result of the anti-reflective coating. Frequent cleaning could also wear out the anti-reflective coating, especially if a cleaning product containing alcohol is used.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions on what I could use to clean it?

Hello - you may want to tell us 'how' you are cleaning your screen - I also use a microfiber cloth (i.e. like those to clean optical discs or glasses) dampened w/ a few drops of water. Dave :)

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a screen cleaner that I have for the past four years. It has worked beautifully up until I got my iPad Air 2.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I put a screen protector on my Air 2 and can wipe it clean like new. I don't have to worry about ruining the finish on the screen by using glass cleaners. Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts