What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tried a screen protector but disgarded it.

What is your status with a screen protector?

• Total voters

iDrifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one, however after reading this thread I'll not get one.

Last edited:

ddskiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 1 from a friend who got a 2. It had the screen protector on it, so I've known nothing different than using mine with the screen protector. I noticed my wife's new iPhone had a clearer screen an my iPad, so I thought about taking my screen protector off, but was leery of it getting scratched. I keep mine in a case most of the time too. After reading this thread, you all have convinced me to strip down to the bare minimum! A nicer display for sure. Thanks all.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried a screen protector on my iPhone for a while and finally got rid of it after scratches to the protectors drove me nuts (screen protectors are plastic, screens are glass). When I got the iPad I decided to go naked on both devices and haven't looked back. Yes, I have a couple of small scratches that do not interfere in any way. One would have to look in exactly the right light to see them. For the obsessed you may want the protectors and change them out when they get scratched. For me, I like going naked.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and I got a few 'Toddy' screen cleaner cloths (they are great) for all the finger prints - happy iPadder.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goober said:
Thanks to you both. I might get brave and remove mine soon.

I wouldn't. My i4's screen protector came off some months ago & now has a bunch of tiny scratches on it. If it's not broken don't fix it [or remove it]

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I'm prepared to purchase an iPod, iPhone or iPad I must add the cost of a screen protector [+case]. For security & durability in the awful event that I may, one day, drop it.
It's a must. Plus I've NEVER had any type of added difficulty or less functionality with any screen protectors.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MistaKuraudo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a zagg screen protector professionally placed within the first couple weeks of owning my iPad. Thought it would help more with reducing fingerprints and whatnot. Ehhh... there are still fingerprints, but I do think it's not as bad as no cover at all.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I first purchased my iPad I looked into getting a screen protector. I did my research and read lots of reviews, I decided against buying one.
My iPad is now eleven months old and the screen still looks brand new without a scratch. The wiping cloth that came with the Apple iPad protector works great every time. Once ever 1-2 months I use a mild cleaner on the screen and a micro cloth and clean it up,I put it back into the protector and I'm good to go.

☮ ♥ 

Last edited:

berniwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The main purpose for me, having a mate screen protector, is to solve the glare problem and reduce the greasy screen. I am fully satisfied with mine. No lost of sensitivity, no air bubbles, no glare, just perfect!

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
berniwhite said:
The main purpose for me, having a mate screen protector, is to solve the glare problem and reduce the greasy screen. I am fully satisfied with mine. No lost of sensitivity, no air bubbles, no glare, just perfect!

What re u using?

berniwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmschnur said:
What re u using?

I-CON 2-Pack Screen Protector (matte-finish & glossy-finish). The matte finish is the one I'm using. I installed the glossy, but had dust between it and the screen. When it get dirty it is very difficult to clean! So I returned it, bought the same and installed the matte with extra precaution and it works just great! $25 CAD

Suecoo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never bothered used to have one on iPhone 3GS but since I've had the iPhone 4 had 1 then cos it fell off never bothered anymore.
The screens on the iPhones are pretty resilient.
My iPad is in a case.

Sent from my iPad 2 16GB 3G wifi using

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
berniwhite said:
I-CON 2-Pack Screen Protector (matte-finish & glossy-finish). The matte finish is the one I'm using. I installed the glossy, but had dust between it and the screen. When it get dirty it is very difficult to clean! So I returned it, bought the same and installed the matte with extra precaution and it works just great! $25 CAD

Thanks

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't live without them!!! I want NOTHING to happen to my iToys!! :D

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts