What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to Turkey with iPad

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to Turkey,

3G iPad in tow.

I am guessing AT&T ain't gunn a work there, but wi-fi might be available.

Any one have concerns with airline security confiscating the iPad? Any other validated or unvalidated fears?

Davidmacpherson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you think they might confiscate your iPad? It is "just" another electronic box - think they might also take your electric toothbrush?

It is passed through the scanners just like a laptop ie out of your hand luggage - I've never even been asked to turn mine on.

David

Last edited:

shyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just returned from two weeks in Turkey. iPad was great. All hotels had wifi. The 3G network was much better than here. For four days I was on a boat in the Mediterranean near the Turkish coast. I had coverage the whole time. I traveled through Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya, Konya, Cappadocia. Great 3G throughout. Enjoy!

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just returned from two weeks in Turkey... I traveled through Istanbul, Izmir, Antalya, Konya, Cappadocia. Great 3G throughout. Enjoy!

Have you received the bill for data roaming yet?
rolleye11.gif

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to watch international data roaming charges. A few months ago I was in Taiwan and I bought an unlimited 3G data roaming package for the three days I was there. Cost was around 45 USD. Once home I reviewed my monthly statement. Sure enough it was around 45 USD. However it listed my usage and if not for the package the charge would have been around 7000 USD. Be careful out there and check with your provider re unlimited data roaming packages. Ciao. Leo

w1red

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just buy a prepaid turkish gsm acc. they'll give you 3g package options.

Most reactions

Latest posts